To prepare for the company’s upcoming acceleration, a new team named “Platform & Services” is created to support our needs for transformation. This team will provide Engineering services (such as Hardware, VM, Database, LB, Queuing, Orchestrator, etc) to all product teams in order to help them focus on their true mission, i.e. bringing value to their products and to our customers.
As efficient startups use now PaaS solutions to create their products, our product teams will use our internal platform to build high-end products as well.
The Platform team is organized into “Engineering Verticals”, each vertical delivering one or more infrastructure products in a specific field of Software Engineering. This team is also responsible for securing and guaranteeing the day-to-day execution of these services and keeping them up & running.
Our team culture is all about
- Being absolute experts in each of the Engineering verticals
- Bringing amazing services & infrastructure products to our technical teams
- Sharing our best practices & knowledge
- Acting as a “true companion” for our technical teams when building new product infrastructures
- Feeling responsible for the day-to-day execution of our platform
- Working as a team - we all share the same objective of serving our customers which are, in our case, our colleagues.
About the job
Your specific team is the “Platform - Managed Services” (a.k.a. PMS) vertical, part of “Platform & Services”. Our team creates and maintains infrastructure managed services. These services are used by all the product teams to build their product in each scaleway’s region and az. We offer services from simple ones like ntp / dns / tftp to high level ones like consul / rabbitmq or loadbalancer.
Your key mission will be to create, deliver and maintain the offer of managed infrastructure services across our Regions and Availability Zones.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering building applications with significant usage and volume
- 5+ years experience of production best practices (Solid change management procedures, communication, SLA and impact knowledge)
- Very good command of English
- Open-minded and ready to adapt quickly
- DevOps mindset (CI/CD with QA)
- SRE supplier (SLO, monitoring, alerting, incident response)
- Maintain our existing managed infrastructure services (Loadbalancers, Queuing, Service Discovery, DNS etc..)
- Build innovative infrastructure products and services based on the latest technologies.
- Advice continuously our users (technical teams for best practice and improvement)
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, …)
- Distributed storage: Ceph
- Git, Gitlab, CI-CD, Ansible
- DCS Systems (consul, etcd)
- Python or Golang
This position can be either:
- Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), partial/full remote is possible
- Fully remote in Europe
67,000 - 83,000 EUR per year
- Screening Call
- Manager Interview
- Team Technical Interview
- HR Interview
We treat every candidate equally in our recruitment process. Even if you don't meet 100% of the job’s requirements, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you would be a good fit!
Questions about this job? Nathalie Tourbay, our Recruitment Team Lead, would be happy to answer your questions.
👉Scaleway is a #singular place and we’re looking for #singular people. If you like what you see here and you’ve got a story to tell, we’d love to hear from you.
Scaleway is one of the fastest growing infrastructure companies in the world building next generation cloud services. We offer a full spectrum of services such as public cloud services, private infrastructures and colocation and dedicated servers. We are present in 160 countries, with more than 350 employees representing 18 nationalities.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status.