Join our team at Backbase, one of the LinkedIn Top Companies of 2023 in the Netherlands! We're known for our great work environment and providing opportunities for career growth. We’re also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth. As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to work with some of the brightest and most talented people in the industry, as well as help shape the future of digital banking. Come join us and be part of something special.
The Job in short
We’re looking for a Java developer turned system engineer to join our IT Flows team and work on the DevOps Infrastructure for the Digital Sales value stream.
Meet the job
As DevOps Engineer, working in our shared system engineering team in the Digital Sales value stream, you’re expected to continuously discover and implement new tools, services and expertise that increase the productivity for the other 7 feature teams in Digital Sales.
This role provides a lot of autonomy for coming up with solutions, collaborating closely with backend, frontend, mobile and quality engineers.
As a system engineer in this team, you’ll focus on educating the feature teams on how to use DevOps infrastructure, developing new DevOps infrastructure, ideating and implementing shared development tooling, making sure that all teams are aligned with the broader DevOps community in Backbase, and supporting teams who are stuck with infra issues.
Although you won’t work directly with cloud platforms such as AWS (as this is owned by the central R&D DevOps team), you will own all the abstractions built on top of that to make the lives of the teams inside the value stream easier. Here, think about things such as: Kubernetes, Helm Charts, Jenkins pipelines, bash scripts and more efficient use of build tools such as Maven and npm.
How about you
● You are very comfortable with the following tools and technologies: Maven (and npm is a bonus), Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, kubectl, Helm, Bash scripting, Groovy;
● You have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see the immediate impact of your efforts;
● You have spent the bulk of their professional career as a Java developer;
● You are a leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
● You are flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements;
● You have previously worked with containerisation (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) and have experience with Helm Charts;
● You have experience working with Amazon Web Services;
● As a plus, you have experience with Spring Cloud technology;
You have designed and/or delivered mission-critical services (preferably cloud-based services);
● You have Shell, scripting and Python programming experience;
● You have used configuration management tools such as Spring Cloud Config;
● You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team;
● You have experience deploying to application servers such as Tomcat or Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with relational databases.