Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Digital Data & Analytics team is responsible to drive success in digital & marketing by delivering relevant insights to make informed decisions, and enabling effective measurement, automation, optimisation and personalisation
We enable customer, marketing and product teams with key information to; understand the current trends, customer and scape, inform and motivate customer behavior and shape customer & marketing strategy
As a data engineer in the Customer & Marketing Data & Analytics team, you will be responsible for engineering large and complex data sets, as well as build robust, reusable and optimised data pipelines. You will have broad technical skills of developing and implementing data pipelines as well as data infrastructure to support the implementation of data transformation for analytics, business intelligence, machine learning models and other data projects.You will develop data enrichment activities on a variety of Data Platform(s), MarTech and other Customer domain platforms in a reliable and secure manner for the users.
This is a fixed term Parental leave cover opportunity (upto 9 months)
What you’ll do
- Deploy data pipelines following DevOps principles and incorporating automated code & data testing.
- Typical activities may include building data pipelines for analytical data usage, data modelling, data integration and implementing Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes
- Build and publish standardized data sets used by the analyst community to answer business questions
- Develop and maintain ETL processes and processing schedules required to produce data sets
- Demonstrates a focus on continual self improvement, across both the technical and business aspects of delivering high quality data enrichment solutions
- Provide support to data quality and data validation through analysis of data and assisting in understanding the meaning of data
- Help drive continuous improvements to data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Data team communities. Work on the queue for incidents, service requests, enhancements/changes and auditsEnsure Data Governance standards are incorporated at the implementation level
What you’ll bring with you
- Strong data and technical background demonstrating innovation, initiative and a passion for data
- Solid understanding of Devops practices.
- Confidence in collecting, collating and interpreting business requirements in order to produce quality outcomes
- Experience working with Business Owners and different stakeholders to gather data requirements and provide solutions
- Solid knowledge in SQL, Snowflake, dbt, Python, AWS, AWS Serverless (Lambda Functions), SQS, -SNS, S3, Glue
- Experience in CI/CD tools like Teamcity, GitHub Actions Jenkins, Harness or Circle.c
- Experience in Infrastructure as code utilities like Terraform, AWS CDK, Crossplane; Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Data and infrastructure security concerns and proactively mitigates issues
- Experience with Cloud based Technologies and Databases
- Knowledge of data requirements for ML / AI use cases beneficial
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.