? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
Join us as a Senior Backend Engineer to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be part of a team of 100 highly skilled back-end engineers from all over the world. You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will participate in the discussions on the direction of our banking product, manage how we will handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Senior Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Design, develop and maintain our APIs for maximum resilience, scalability, robustness, and security
• Build new applications and services to support our API's and internal tools to help us move faster with confidence and quality
• Play an active role in the architecture at Qonto to better support our growing user base and scaling needs
• Maintain our high level of quality through strong testing methodologies, documentation, pairing, and learning
• Share your knowledge and learnings through internal and external talks and participate in the development of open-source tools
Our primary languages are Python, Golang and Ruby on the backend, EmberJS on the frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our Mobile applications. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice, using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
However, not mastering our stack is not an issue at all! A lot of Qontoers have learned Python, Go and/or Ruby since they joined.
🧠 What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling a part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
💳 Cards: the team responsible for building all the functionalities around Qonto credit cards. For example, the cards order flow, the cards settings screens, the insurance page.
✈️ Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
💶 Spend Management: the team building seamless workflows for employees to make payments and for finance teams to manage expenses.
📊 Dashboard: let clients monitor their relevant financial activities.
🧮 Bookkeeping: Provide a Bookkeeping solution that saves our clients time while ensuring control over their accounting requirements (e.g. receipts, vat, accounting records).
💹 Pricing: Provide transparent price plans and information on billing and consumption.
🌎 Transfers: Pay and be paid by checks, SWIFT, SEPA transfers as fast as possible by anyone at a fair price.
🤔 What you can expect
• Work in a multicultural fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Build robust products and improve features used by 300K+ clients across Europe
• Have a strong impact on business decisions as part of a cross-functional team
• Keep learning and improving with trainings, peer programming sessions with our Experts, have the possibility to learn a new programming language (Ruby, Go, Python)
• Share knowledge with the whole tech and product team (internal and external talks, weekly meetings, Tech monthlies), and the community (Medium articles, meetups)
🤝 Your future Head Of
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is David
, and he's managing teams working on Platform Services. He worked in both France and the UK, initially as a Software Engineer within all-size companies and then in technical and team leadership positions. In 2015, he left the UK for good, to join a startup in France as a CTO. His team built a platform for the French Football Federation to help sports coaches to manage their athletes' performances. The next step in his career was another startup, but this time in the video game industry to build a data-driven platform from scratch.
• What can he bring to you and the team?
David has a lot of experience in Software Craftsmanship and Extreme programming. You will have the opportunity to work in a department that values high-quality software. He also fosters and promotes a highly collaborative workplace and embraces ambitious and difficult technical challenges.
• Your collaboration?
You can expect a respectful relationship based on trust, empowerment, and ownership. David always makes himself extremely available and will live up to the high expectation he sets for his team members.
• Experience: You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or similar languages and/or are willing to learn Python, Ruby, Go
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, who takes an interest in solving problems and delivering value
• Impact Maker: You want to help build an innovative product used by tens of thousands of users and leave your mark
• Best Practices: You follow best practices regarding code quality, testing and code reviews
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded engineer eager to learn
• Team player: You have good communication skills, are comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
• Languages: You are fluent in English
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- A lot of extras (Monday breakfasts, team events, snacks, and beverages...)
All our benefits
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- Public transportation pass: 100% covered for days in the office
- Private health insurance: 100% covered
- Pet-friendly office
- Mental health platform, so you can take care of your mental health
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!