Rackspace are the multicloud solutions experts. Consistently named a 'best place to work' year-after-year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. As a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud MSPs, we keep the customer at the heart of everything we do and our Fanatical Experience™ is renowned throughout the industry!
Using cloud-native approaches based on leading DevOps practices, we work at the forefront of technology to help organisations modernize applications and data, build in the leading security solutions and deploy everything on the right cloud infrastructure for maximum effectiveness.
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer with expertise in AWS to deliver cloud transformational outcomes into Rackspace’s clients. Ideally, you will have experience working in a consulting role, leading other engineers to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions.
The unique #Racker culture welcomes all passionate technologists, and at Rackspace you will find that technical career paths are truly valued and celebrated. We like people who get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding. We are looking for a strong technical expert, with experience leading world-class teams of engineers on complex projects from inception to delivery.
You will join a friendly, highly-collaborative team in Germany with immediate access to the latest certifications and world-class training schemes!
- Design and implementation of scalable software services, alongside engineering and architecture teams.
- Execution of Cloud engineering tasks within migration sprint cycles aligned to best practices and templates within a customer project team.
- Build out of new customer cloud solutions using cloud native components.
- Usage of foundational architecture and components to build out automated cloud environments, CI/CD pipelines and supporting services frameworks
- Present architecture to clients of varying levels, from Developers, Business Analysts and Senior Client Leadership.
- Brief senior leadership and end users at varying levels of familiarity with cloud technologies, about the technology selections, best practices, and benefits.
- You’ll be a strong technical expert, with experience on complex projects from inception to delivery, to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions. Using your deep technical expertise, you will help customers optimize their workloads by providing application focused assistance to build, deploy, integrate, scale and heal using native AWS and 3rd party toolchains and automation oriented agile principles.
- Through both hands-on and consultative approaches, you will be responsible for supporting customers with tasks including provisioning resources and modifying Cloud environments, performing upgrades, and addressing day-to-day customer issues. You’re happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding.
- A good grounding in infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, as is a programming background. Leveraging personal subject matter expertise, working closely with peers, the role will be accountable for delivering engineering consulting services in a client-facing role, often on-site with customers. You’ll be the voice of Rackspace within the customer.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of designing and supporting AWS, including IaaS and PaaS in an enterprise setup
- Experience building cloud automation, including CI/CD pipelines using technologies equivalent to Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker.
- Scripting and automation methods such as Terraform, Ansible, Python, YAML, Go.
- Technical skills in as many of these as possible: Public Cloud architecture (Azure), PaaS (Containers, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, FaaS etc.)
- Awareness of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.)
- Previous exposure to large-scale system design.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies and can articulate best practice approaches and practices.
- Strong communication skills, customer facing experience desirable.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.