Senior Android Engineer, UI
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a proficiency in building high quality mobile UI experiences, to work on cryptocurrency integrations with Brave. You'll work on our Brave Wallet. This is a high profile and impactful, hands-on position. You’ll work together with our product designers, developers and privacy/security experts to help us take our wallet to the next level.
- Work closely with the product design team to build new feature prototypes within Brave Browser and Wallet.
- You will work closely with the Android team to understand intricacies and help iterate on components used to build our interfaces.
- You’ll work closely with other engineers and help connect your prototypes to live data from shared resources in Chromium.
- 5+ years experience with native android application development
- Expert Java and Android development skills to evolve our architecture and design with advanced Java/Kotlin to ensure performance and scalability .
- Good C++ (via NDK, and JNI) development skills is a plus
- Willing to learn new languages or technologies.
- Proficient with development tools like Android Studio, SDK, Git, Linux, etc.
- Good analytical and problem solving experience
- History of open source contributions and having experience with working on apps with a large user base
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency wallets and ecosystem
- Great communication and coordination skills in English
Good to have
- Quick learner, who thrive on adopting best practices to create delightful user-experience focused products
- Experience in working on multiple platforms with distributed development teams
- A passion for helping protect users' privacy and security
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
LinkedIn | Glassdoor | brave.com