Senior Ads Backend Engineer
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave Ads is Brave’s global private ad network, redesigned from the ground up to reward users while enforcing the highest standards of user privacy. Both end users and partners depend on our backend code to work reliably day in and day out, and scale up to meet ever increasing demand. Brave is looking for a flexible, backend engineer who can help us build out additional features for marketers, and help us to further scale our ad serving platform. We are looking for somebody who always prefers a simple solution over a complex one and who can take whole solutions from end to end.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience with focus on the back end.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS
- An eye toward monitoring and reliability
- Strives to deliver documented, maintainable, and testable code
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- Self motivated and comfortable working in a fully distributed team environment
Nice to haves
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with ad-tech / marketing tech ecosystem
- Web3/Blockchain/Ethereum experience
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
LinkedIn | Glassdoor | brave.com