Design and build the future of Apollo’s cloud services on a rapidly-growing team to support major world-wide customers, including Walmart, PayPal, and Expedia to name a few. Join a data-driven team in creating the future of insights, observability, and governance for GraphQL APIs.
You’ll be working with a tight-knit and rapidly-growing product engineering group to build Apollo Studio
. As an engineer on the team, you’ll work closely with our PM's and others to translate product ideas into well-crafted data models, clear service boundaries, and rich user experiences. We care deeply about creating high-quality product with well-designed user experiences, and we have an equally deep appreciation for the excellent engineering foundations that make such product development possible. You’ll own the maintenance and reliability of the services you bring to life, and you’ll use your own product additions every day in the work you do.
Your reach will span across our big data pipeline (which currently processes terabytes per day), from the open-source protocols and implementations, through to the streaming, the OLAP data systems, and even the end-user experience that translates that raw data into valuable insights for GraphQL developers. You’ll be using modern tools for cloud infrastructures, like Kubernetes, Kotlin, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, GraphQL (of course), Kafka, and Druid. Join us to help build the next generation of developer tools and push the boundaries of how people develop software.
What you’ll do
- Create customization options for users to detect breaking changes in their schema changes using an immense data set of graph usage.
- Evolve an open-source GraphQL usage reporting protocol to meet the needs of the Fortune 500.
- Grow OLAP infrastructure, built upon Druid, Kafka, and Postgres, to collect and aggregate high resolution execution timing data for trillions of GraphQL queries.
- Create a portal for all of Apollo’s engineering teams to process and gain analytical insights from the millions of GraphQL schemas in our schema registry.
- Lead a project to facilitate integrations with leading APM providers to Apollo Studio’s data.
- You're familiar with the modern services architecture, including technologies like Kubernetes, the JVM, and Kafka.
- You take pride in a highly scalable and robust infrastructure, and are excited to tackle difficult systems-level challenges.
- You have experience writing server code for demanding scalability or availability requirements.
- You're excited at the opportunity to influence the direction of GraphQL by providing a unique backend-oriented perspective.
- You recognize the importance of site availability, system monitoring, and actively participating in the on-call rotation.
This position can be done from anywhere in North American time zones.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.