Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Principal Security Software Engineer you will be a founding member of the Security Engineering team. You will design, build, and run the services and tools that automate security programs like Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) Defensive Security, IAM, PKI and tools used to automate other security functionalities at Roblox.
- A great technical leader: You have experience with leading the technical work to deliver automation for infrastructure or product.
- Team-oriented: a collaborative team player who enjoys working with others.
- Passionate about security: You have experience with security, or you are curious about it and you want to learn and grow in security.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in building scalable, available, distributed backend applications.
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language (Python, Java, Go C++, C# .NET).
- Knowledgeable with REST API, design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Experience mentoring junior and senior engineers and leading their work.
You Might Have:
- Experience with building automation for TVM and SIEM.
- Experience with building automation for IAM, PKI, key management and secure access to production.
- Experience with building tools that secure CI/CD and help companies to "shift left".
- Experience with Elastic, Splunk, Qualys, Snyk, Lacework, Burp Suite, HackerOne, Okta, Active Directory, Vault, AppviewX, Public Certificate Authorities, OpenSSL.
- Help us solve a variety of unique security challenges at scale.
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to develop security services within the Roblox infrastructure ecosystem.
- Shape the team vision for products, define the roadmap and lead the execution work by example. You build it, you run it.
- Build strong relationships with the other teams in the Security organization, but also across the company, with teams in Engineering and Product.
- Help grow the team by mentoring existing team members and supporting the recruiting effort.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.