Zoox’s Robot Software Infrastructure team is looking for a software engineer to help lead our near-vehicle software infrastructure. This role includes supporting software that runs on manufacturing systems, log ingest stations, and portable devices used for vehicle control and maintenance. Our systems help support vehicle operations and keep things running smoothly.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building new software features and improving existing functionality that runs on near-vehicle systems:
- Improving telemetry and logging for systems across multiple sites
- Supporting and developing tools for user authentication and security
- Improving tools used to scale vehicle manufacturing
- Visiting vehicle test locations and interacting with vehicle operators
- Working with vehicle operation teams to drive the roadmap for vehicle support systems
- Implementing new features based on user feedback
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to develop consensus across teams
- Proficiency in a language without automatic memory management (e.g., C or C++), and in a scripting language (e.g., Python or Ruby)
- Knowledge of Linux: networks, filesystems, etc.
- Experience with software that interfaces with embedded devices
- Familiarity with Yocto, Buildroot, or another similar OS build system
- Master’s degree or above in Computer Science or related field
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $143,000 to $226,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.