Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be building robust, scalable, and secure microservices that
power our SaaS platform and make governance easy for our customers. You’ll have the full
power of AWS at your disposal to build Serverless solutions (either brand new, or assisting in
migrating services to Serverless), typically in TypeScript. You will be collaborating with a team of
highly talented developers, mentor and guide them to new highs. As part of our core
governance teams, your team will fully own their services (from code to deployment and
monitoring), you’ll participate in architecture discussion, and regularly demo to the entire
department. Also, you will be working closely with our Principal Engineers who can help you
solve architectural problems optimally and provide new perspectives.
What you will do
• Design and implement secure and scalable solutions using AWS Serverless technology
• Help break down initiatives to deliver increments of the requirements to each stage.
• Optimize your team’s development, and delivery experience, so you and your team can
be as productive as possible and regularly deploy to production.
• Develop Single Page Application user experiences built with React/Angular and Open API
• Develop high quality code (e.g. adhering to SOLID principles) with plenty of tests and
• As is necessary, develop infrastructure as code using Terraform so you can use more of
• Work as part of a collaborative, cross functional team where you regularly pair, plan,
and execute tasks as a team and strive to optimize your team’s Lead Time, Deployment
Frequency, Mean-time-to-recovery, and Change Failure Rate
• Coach and mentor seniors and developers, provide guidance on technical designs, and
provide constructive code reviews so everyone can grow and learn alongside you
• Independently manage your tasks in JIRA without Manager involvement
What you need to succeed
• Minimum of a Bachelors’ in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field with
more than 7 years of experience.
• Hands-on experience in designing and developing complex, scalable, fault- tolerant,
high-performance SaaS applications.
• Proficiency in developing RESTful APIs using Node.js and/or TypeScript in Open API
specifications, visually stunning user interfaces using Angular/React.
• Strong ability to architect for product requirements and implement them in a simple and
• Strong ability to coach, mentor, and lead fellow developers, provide guidance on
technical design and provide constructive code reviews
• Strong ability to develop highly readable and well-tested code that adheres to SOLID
• Excitement for understanding our customers and their problems, so that we can
improve governance all around the world
• Experience with AWS Serverless computing, Terraform are a plus
• Experience working with Agile and Kanban / Scrum processes and following strong
development and testing processes.
• Experience with good security practices in enterprise application development.
• Knowledge of SQL and NOSQL databases.
Why you’ll love working here
1. You’ll be working in a Serverless organization that strives to primarily develop solutions
in a Serverless fashion on AWS. You can read more here.
2. You’ll be rapidly learning with our structured training programs and our company
culture that emphasizes continuous teaching and coaching. You can read more here.
3. You’ll have a high impact in the world by building software that improves the daily
experience of employees and citizens all around the world.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your
community, and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
What Diligent Offers You
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.