Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About the Role
- You will work with your cross-functional team to deliver beautiful software that is valuable to our customers. You will have a willingness to learn, offer your ideas and collaborate to provide technical designs you are proud of. We inspire you to show your real passion for technology, help and inspire others in Xero and within the community we support.
- We will offer you flexible working hours and arrangements that enable you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your dream for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
About the team
- You will be part of a team that would build, maintain and own services. As such you will be focused on the engineering best practices, microservices architectures, principles of CI/CD to deliver secure, scalable software to meet Xero's customer needs.
- We are looking for a passionate developer and just as important as the technical experience is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are so lucky to have excellent people to work with and offices to work in and we'd love you to be a part of it.
We would love to talk to you if:
- You prefer to code collaboratively, working together as a team with high levels of communication, learning from more senior engineers as well as mentoring those with less experience.
- You are passionate about shipping high quality, well tested software through automation, proven best practices and appropriate design patterns.
- You take ownership of your code in production, using metrics and customer feedback to guide technical priorities and improvements.
- You work with a focus on helping your team succeed in their mission.
- You have a passion to grow, learn and bring new ideas and concepts to the team.
- You have experience demonstrating your ability to envision web-based services in a distributed environment that meets customer needs and solves business problems.
- You have in depth knowledge of design patterns in development (eg SOLID) and platform architecture (Microservices, Event Driven, DDD)
Our Tech stack :
Technology is made up of many tools, programming languages and frameworks that are continually changing and evolving. Therefore at Xero, you won’t find a long list of must-have tech you need to already be working with. While we don’t require you to have worked with our tech stack previously, what is important is you are happy to learn and work with it.
Generally, if a team is spinning up a new code base it may look like the following:
A microservice, written in C# on .NET OR A Node.js
microservice written in Typescript
Utilising a variety of AWS services
Running in a Docker container, orchestrated by Kubernetes
Accessed by SPA written in React with TypeScript
Deployed with an automated CI/CD pipeline
Monitored by industry leading monitoring, alerting, and logging tools
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.