The job in short:
Build our iOS Retail Banking products where your future-proof features will reach over 100 million users worldwide.
Meet the job:
Backbase builds an Engagement Banking Platform for the FinTech industry that is implemented within 150+ financial institutions with the mission to re-architect banking around the customer. Our Retail banking products consist of innovative and user-friendly features such as in Payments & Transactions, Savings Pockets, Virtual Cards, and Persona-based Apps such as the Kids App. You will have an impact on the digital transformation of banks worldwide by working in the RnD department to build and grow these Retail Banking features.
Your future at Backbase:
- Build and grow our Retail Banking product where you will have ownership of your features that will make an impact on the daily mobile banking of millions.
- Develop, modernize, scale Backbase SDKs and libraries that will be seamlessly read by other developers
- Work with SwiftUI and Combine to write clean, scaleable, and maintainable code
- Testing, testing, testing - work with our QAs to achieve an 80% minimum unit test coverage
- Work with scrum and agile alongside a cross-functional squad to ensure our app and dependencies are working flawlessly
- Contribute your knowledge and ideas to our mobile guild of 70+ mobile engineers and never stop learning with our daily standups, workshops, and team events
- We work hybrid; we trust you to choose where you work best
How about you
If you want to develop our iOS Retail Banking App and scale our libraries to have an impact on the future of banking, then this job is for you. Here’s what you’ll need to get the job done:
- Extensive knowledge and experience using the iOS platform and having a love for SWIFT
- Hands on experience with clean architecture patterns such as MVVM
- You love writing clean, maintainable and scalable code and know the value of proper code documentation to build great apps
- You’ve worked with Cocoapods to create new pods and manage our existing dependencies
- Experience writing libraries used by other developers and knowledge of the inherent challenges in this domain
- Enthusiasm to work, collaborate and learn alongside an agile team
(Currently we are focused on hiring locally, meaning candidates with dependent or HSM visas, locals and europeans based in The Netherlands)