Metatheory Inc. is a technology-driven entertainment company building Web3 games, interactive multi-platform stories, and virtual world experiences imagined across innovative collective story franchise IPs. We are a remote first dynamic team of builders, developers, and entrepreneurs including several key founding members of Twitch along with multiple Emmy and Peabody winning producers and storytellers.
Our flagship IP is DuskBreakers, an eccentric, interactive sci fi saga set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious alien ship (The Dusk) becomes a beacon of hope for humanity. The franchise spans games, animated content, NFTs, and other media formats.
We are looking for an engineer that feels comfortable working as a full-stack engineer, helping us build out all the web and backend services we need to power our games and websites. Flexibility, autonomy and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are required but we pair that with a great team, amazing work environment, and fun atmosphere with a love of gaming. We are trying to do something unique and be good thought leaders in the Web3 gaming space. If you have a desire to have real impact in a startup environment and feel comfortable doing whatever it takes to get awesome products to customers, we'd love to explore that with you!
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development, from design, implementation and deployment
- Architect and provide guidance in building fully functional systems with care given to both the speed and the scale of the systems
- Engage with the design team and other engineers and collaborate with leadership to create fun and engaging systems
- Collaborate across time zones with Slack, Github, Jira, docs and participate in video conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, IT, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years in building large scale software applications
- Experience with building Web Applications
- Experience with building backend systems, including REST APIs and GraphQL
- Knowledge of AWS services and platforms
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/Integration testing experience
Candidates should be comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced, fluid, and ever-changing startup environment. We are currently remote first and will always embrace work from home culture, although we may have some more offices in the future. Candidates should be excited about the future potential of blockchain, but no prior experience is required.