Jumpcut is building the narrative layer for web3. We are creating narrative-centric NFTs that come attached with Hollywood creators and talent. We use technology to support collective creativity and build IP from the bottom-up by incentivizing various levels of creative participation through gamified experiences. Our community-centric approach disrupts how content is sourced, developed, and made. Collaborators and partners include streamers like Disney and producers of Oscar winning films such as Lawrence Bender (Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting). The company was founded by serial entrepreneur and Wharton School professor Kartik Hosanagar in partnership with Atomic, a $400M venture studio in Silicon Valley behind unicorn startups such as Hims.
We are searching for a full stack engineer who will be an early member of the Jumpcut
engineering team. An ideal candidate will have a solid grasp of Web2 development in a full
stack Typescript environment, have an interest in growing technically in the Web3 space,
comfortable with remote work, effective communicator of deliverables and timelines, and have a passion for storytelling in a variety of media genres through Web3.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with our Lead Software Engineer on applications supporting Jumpcut’s product offerings.
- Collaborate closely with other departments of Jumpcut (Product, Operations, etc.)
- Build performant, responsive, and highly extendable Front-End applications and components.
- Build Back-End layers to support individual applications, and voice ideas on a centralized Microservice Back-End Layer.
- Write strongly typed, test driven code.
- Grow technically in the Web3 space through research and product initiatives.
What You Have:
- Degree in Computer Science, a related discipline, or commensurate experience.
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience.
- A demonstrable passion for web3 and the future of the decentralized web.
- Understanding of web3 chains, protocols, and languages (Solidity and Ethereum).
- Experience in agile project management processes.
- Thrives in a remote work environment and comfortable with digital communication and productivity skills (Slack, Asana, Jira, Zoom, etc.)
- Experience working in media, entertainment and/or gaming.
- Experience with web-based 3d and 2d game/rendering technologies (e.g. three.js, pixi.js, etc.) is a plus.
- Prior development experience in web3.
- Familiarity with next-generation L2 chains and protocols is a plus.
Why Work with Jumpcut?
- You’ll have the opportunity to redefine the future of storytelling and Hollywood.
- You’ll be collaborating with world-class producers, writers, storytellers, and filmmakers from Netflix, Amazon, Disney and others.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an outsized impact in a close-knit team.
- We’re starting from scratch: you’ll have the rare opportunity to define our engineering culture from the ground up.
- We’re part of the Atomic ecosystem, and you’ll meet incredible collaborators from leading companies backed by a world-class VC fund.
- We’re a fully remote team and you’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Competitive benefits package, including insurance, 401K and flexible time off.
This is a full time salaried position with opportunity to grow with an energetic and driven team
over time. The role is fully-remote and open to anyone residing in the United States. The team is
distributed between Eastern and Pacific time zones and general working hours for the role are
considered to be Monday through Friday within typical working hours for the timezone in which
the employee resides.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. The pay range for this position is between $120,000 to $150,000 per year.
Jumpcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.