At Zoox you'll design, create, and maintain internal processes, integrations, and applications. You'll develop back-end components to improve existing applications and implement security best practices to existing applications all while creating standards to improve existing architecture to ensure consistency across internal applications and data integrity. You'll also develop applications supporting physical product design, manufacturing, logistics, and inventory systems while driving the design and architecture of internal applications.
- Design, create, and maintain processes, integrations, applications, and scripts, mostly on the backend with Python
- Some frontend (JS, React, Typescript)
- Design system requirements for new and existing applications
- Create and implement company-wide tools and methodologies
- Oversee, and often perform, major application installations and upgrades
- Develop applications supporting physical product design, manufacturing, logistics, and inventory systems
- Review peer code
- Contribute to many internal git repositories
- Strong knowledge of Python and web frameworks such as Flask and Django
- Frontend development knowledge (React, TypeScript)
- API development experience in Python (graphql, REST)
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB)
- Understanding of ORM (object-relational mapping) libraries such as SQLAlchemy
- Experience with authentication, authorization methods and access control
- Great customer service skills as it relates to application support and training
- Willingness to participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
- Experience developing internal business applications
- Experience supporting physical product design, manufacturing, logistics, or inventory systems
- Knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience with docker or similar container-based systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $150,000 to $225,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.