? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch. You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has made great strides:
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 300,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, Barcelona and Belgrade
- Recently joining forces with Penta, a market leader, based in Berlin and Belgrade to strengthen our growth
- 900+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other
Join us as an Engineering Manager to craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs, and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love!
As an Engineering Manager, you will be part of a team of 100 highly skilled back-end engineers from all over the world.
You will work closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. You will participate in the discussions on the direction of our banking product, manage how we will handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As an Engineering Manager at Qonto, you will
Build your own team:
• Manage a team of 5 to 8 Backend Engineers
• Run 1o1s and quarterly progress reviews to provide regular feedback to your team members
• Mentor, pair, and delegate work to foster the professional and technical growth of your teammates
• Help build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team culture and make it shine
• Run interviews to hire new team members
Drive the delivery:
• Coordinate with engineering, product and design leads to define a vision and strategy for your cross-functional team
• Drive the delivery of your cross-functional team to help us meet business objectives
• Ensure high quality by establishing and using the best engineering practices
• Design, build, test, document, run, review and maintain code in Python, Golang or Ruby
• Maintain our high level of quality through strong testing methodologies, documentation, pairing, and learning,
• Support a critical service used by tens of thousands of users on a daily basis
Our primary languages are Python, Golang and Ruby on the backend, EmberJS on the frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our mobile applications. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice, using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
However, not mastering our stack is not an issue at all! A lot of Qontoers have learned Python, Go and/or Ruby since they joined.
🤔 What you can expect
• Join Qonto, which is winning SME banking in Europe. Qonto is on track to power one million SMEs in 2025
• Work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Managerial training over several weeks in-house by experts
• Leverage our values and our culture of continuous improvement to boost your impact as a leader
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (internal and external talk, weekly meetings, Tech Monthlies) and the community (Medium articles, meetups)
🧠 Get to know our working methodology, the Qonto Way
• We highly value the analysis phase on software delivery placing a heavy emphasis on upfront technical designs, team reviews, and smart slicing (called Value Engineering). In this manner, you're expected to really focus on quality, which we believe drives the velocity our customers need.
• We foster an environment that enables our engineers to be proud of their work, as we believe that this is the route to success
• We think that success comes from a space where you're given time, support, and authority to improve yourself, our systems and our processes. Our lean toolbox enables you to monitor your constant improvements (Kaizen
, PDCA) in a collaborative way with your peers and manager.
• Our engineers, working in cross-functional teams, code mostly in Python, Golang and Ruby, and dedicate themselves to one feature at a time. We call this one-piece flow.
🤝 Your future Head Of
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is David
, and he's managing teams working on Platform Services. He worked in both France and the UK, initially as a Software Engineer within all-size companies and then in technical and team leadership positions. In 2015, he left the UK for good, to join a startup in France as a CTO. His team built a platform for the French Football Federation to help sports coaches to manage their athletes' performances. The next step in his career was another startup, but this time in the video game industry to build a data-driven platform from scratch.
• What can he bring to you and the team?
David has a lot of experience in Software Craftsmanship and Extreme programming. You will have the opportunity to work in a department that values high-quality software. He also fosters and promotes a highly collaborative workplace and embraces ambitious and difficult technical challenges.
• Your collaboration?
You can expect a respectful relationship based on trust, empowerment, and ownership. David always makes himself extremely available and will live up to the high expectation he sets for his team members.
• Leadership: You can collaboratively lead the evolution of your cross-functional team
• Team player: You have excellent communication skills, which help you diffuse knowledge across teams and align people to work successfully on their projects
• Tech skills: You have strong knowledge of Python and/or Go, and/or Ruby
• Languages: You are fluent in English
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- A competitive salary package
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- 22 days off + paid hours off (mini 4 days)
- An Edenred meal card
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 44% of our teams are women
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu
to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!