Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
The Account team is looking for her/his new engineering manager. The team is in charge of managing user accounts, personal data, support plans, fraud detection and many other features in the Scaleway Elements cloud ecosystem.
The team is made of front-end and back-end developers working closely together to deliver new features in Scaleway’s Console. The User Experience is at the heart of our concerns.
You will manage the team: share the company vision, give them purpose, help them grow their skills, set goals, follow their career, understand their everyday life, take the pulse, support them, give them responsibilities and encourage them to take ownership. You will also minimize the truck factor to increase the resiliency of the team. You will guarantee the availability of features by setting security, monitoring and alerting best practices from the beginning of the project. Globally, you will create and maintain a spirit of continuous improvement and transparency within the team and with the company.
You will also be responsible for optimizing features shipping of your team, in a good quality. We strongly believe in automated tests and the confidence they bring when pressing the "Deploy Prod" button. Agility and continuous delivery are essential, so that the squad gets feedback continuously from clients.
Finally, you’re also a developer and will supervise development activities with the tech lead. This includes making technical decisions regarding tooling, architecture, and innovation along with the team. One of your key responsibilities will be to avoid over-engineering, and always find a pragmatic approach when a technical problem arises. Indeed, managers at Scaleway usually code 50% of their time.
- As a manager, you should:
- Be value oriented, instead of efforts oriented
- Encourage initiatives and take every mistake as an opportunity to improve
- Give a frame to the team
- Have a client-first mindset
- Have strong empathy and team spirit
- Be constructive
- Value diversity
- As a developer, you should:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in back-end development
- Make no concession with the utility of tests
- Have a good understanding of the HTTP protocol and REST APIs
- Git and SQL fluency
- Be eager to learn new things every day
- Experience with micro-service ecosystems
- You have already deployed a production application on a cloud platform
- Knowledge of gRPC and Protobuf
- Fluent in Golang or Python
- Familiar with common DevOps tooling like Docker / CI-CD / Ansible / Gitlab CI
- Fluent in SQL no matter how many JOINs are involved
- You have already worked on asynchronous workload (queue + worker)
- Have a good written and spoken English
- Help the team deliver features regularly with few bugs
- Bring your experience and share it to help the team grow
- Encourage team ownership and accountability
- Sensitive to business vision
- Support the career development and training of the engineers in your team
- Help design, develop and maintain new features on micro-services owned by the team
- Write simple, clean, coherent and well-tested code
- Take every opportunity to reduce technical debt
- Carefully review the team's merge requests
- Actively animate agile rituals (daily, retrospectives, etc.)
Our Technical Stack
This position can be either:
Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France) with 3 days of remote
- Screening call - 30 mins with the recruiter
- Manager Interview - 30 mins
- Technical Interviews with the Team - 2 hours
- HR Interview - 45 mins
- CTO interview - 30 min
- Offer sent - 48 hours
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!