Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Xero in the Monitoring and Metrics team, you’ll make an impact by working closely with Xero’s Product teams to agree on shared objectives, build and implement sophisticated monitoring and remediation toolsets and create a culture focussed on continually improving the operation of Xero’s platform and applications. You’ll contribute to key software architecture decisions and support good practices. You’ll identify opportunities for improvement within the Engineering Experience team and take initiative to adapt and grow our practice. You'll be working closely with logging and monitoring toolsets and work towards improving observability practices at Xero.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will help to mentor and upskill others. You’ll make key software architecture decisions and support good practices.
What you'll do in the team:
- Improve on Xero's internal alerting and analysis tools to enable faster problem detection and recovery.
- Provide guidance around tooling, standards and practices in monitoring, tracing, logging and observability.
- Support and enable our product teams in troubleshooting issues around observability support systems.
- Build and maintain tools that reduce toil in managing our monitoring and logging platforms.
- Make it easier for other engineering teams to achieve a high standard of system awareness.
- Empower our Xero developers to create more efficient, scalable and reliable applications for Xero's customers.
- Develop and grow the team around you through technical mentorship, and in conjunction with SRE's Engineering and Product leadership teams.
What you'll bring to Xero:
- Experience working to improve operational outcomes for software systems in complex production environments.
- Good working knowledge of Reliability and Observability concepts and practices.
- Have a good understanding of instrumentation and monitoring methodologies
- Having experience in managing and integrating with logging / monitoring solutions such as New Relic, Datadog, Dynatrace, SignalFX, Scalyr, Sumo Logic or Splunk is a plus.
- The ability to engage, influence and build relationships with internal stakeholders.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.