Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About the team
Shared Accounting Systems are working on reinventing some of Xero’s core experiences that millions of small businesses and accounting partners use every day, simplifying accounting for small businesses and shaping the future of Xero. We are responsible for enabling sustainably excellent engineering at Xero. We make it easy for the software delivery teams at Xero to be world-class by providing support and guidance, standardising our practices and technologies, and improving and maintaining our internal systems.
Our teams are highly collaborative and enjoy working in an environment where we trust each other's ability, and have the safety to experiment. We work together to help each other grow, we have fun together and produce software that matters.
About the role
You’ll maintain the standard for engineering excellence at Xero, continuing to develop your knowledge and skills, and supporting your team members in building products together. You’ll contribute to our cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and practices.
What you'll do:
- Build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale
- Collaborate with the team to help create and deliver beautiful software to our customers
- Write, test, review and deploy code
- Contribute to Xero's engineering standards and frameworksLearn the business context, and make high impact decisions
- Contribute to discussions around technical, architectural and process improvements
- Advocate for continuous improvement of systems and processes within the team, and across the organisation
- Establish and maintain good working relationships both within the development team and the wider organisation
- Work with technologies including AWS, .NET Framework, and in future .NET Core
What we're looking for
- Experience in maintaining and improving in place medium/ large .NET codebases would be an advantage
- Proficient use of one or more programming languages and tools
- Has developed a specialisation in one or more specific technologies or areas of the development stack
- Ability to debug across a technology stack
- Confident in upgrading tooling and technology underlying products
- Proficient in roll out and maintenance of cloud infrastructure for team's products.
- Able to implement resilient software design patterns
- Able to maintain, update and document team APIs
- Familiar with application and infrastructure security concerns and proactively mitigates issues
- Regularly practices test driven and trunk based development
- Demonstrated ability to respond to production incidents
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Be part of a work environment that truly encourages continuous improvement and lots of collaboration between product, design and engineering.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.