To prepare for the company’s upcoming acceleration, a new team named “Platform & Services” is created to support our needs for transformation. This team will provide Engineering services (such as Hardware, VM, Database, LB, Queuing, Orchestrator, etc) to all product teams in order to help them focus on their true mission, i.e. bringing value to their products and to our customers.
As efficient startups use now PaaS solutions to create their products, our product teams will use our internal platform to build high-end products as well.
The Platform team is organized into “Engineering Verticals”, each vertical delivering one or more infrastructure products in a specific field of Software Engineering. This team is also responsible for securing and guaranteeing the day-to-day execution of these services and keeping them up & running.
Our team culture is all about
- Being absolute experts in each of the Engineering verticals
- Bringing amazing services & infrastructure products to our technical teams
- Sharing our best practices & knowledge
- Acting as a “true companion” for our technical teams when building new product infrastructures
- Feeling responsible for the day-to-day execution of our platform
- Working as a team - we all share the same objective of serving our customers which are, in our case, our colleagues.
About the job
This Position can be based in Paris, Lille or Remote
To prepare for Scaleway’s upcoming acceleration, we are creating a new “Platform Enhanced” team to support our needs for transformation.
The most efficient start-ups now use platform as a service (PaaS) solutions to build their products, our product teams will use our internal platform to create our future high-end products. The Platform team is organized into “Engineering Verticals,” with each vertical delivering one or more infrastructure products in a specific field of Software Engineering.
This team will provide engineering services (VM administration, managed services such as database, queuing, monitoring and log management, etc.) to all product teams in order to help them focus on their true mission—bringing value to their products and to our customers.
As a DevOps - Engineering Advocate you will have a unique position at Scaleway being a part of two different teams: a product team which delivers value-added products to our classic customers, and a transversal team which provides engineering services (e.g. monitoring, redundancy, etc) to our internal product teams. You will be a bridge and facilitator between the two teams.
- Agile methods
- Python and/or Go or any object-oriented language
- Database knowledge
- Gitlab, CI-CD
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, …)
- Micro-Services architectures
- Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Good knowledge of cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Alicloud or GCP)
- Capacity to work with/for multiple teams
- Open-minded and adaptable
- Clear communication
- Strong facilitator
- Agile methodologies
- DevOps mindset
- Ability to see issues from different angles
- Embody and be responsible for the transversal engineering activities within your product team.
- Build innovative products and services based on the latest technologies with the help of your team.
- Understand and master the transversal engineering stack provided by all Platform verticals.
- Collaborate with our Product Managers to help the team determine the why, the what and the how.
- Be a messenger, communicating both up and down, to help your team align with our engineering policy and ensure your team’s voice is heard.
- Promote collaboration with other engineering teams.
- Integrate global engineering initiatives (process and stack) within your own product.
This position can be either:
- Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), partial/full remote is possible
- Fully remote in Europe
67,000 - 83,000+ EUR per year
- Screening Call
- Manager Interview
- Team Technical Interview
- HR Interview
We treat every candidate equally in our recruitment process. Even if you don't meet 100% of the job’s requirements, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you would be a good fit!
Questions about this job? Nathalie Tourbay, our Recruitment Team Lead, would be happy to answer your questions.
👉Scaleway is a #singular place and we’re looking for #singular people. If you like what you see here and you’ve got a story to tell, we’d love to hear from you.
Scaleway is one of the fastest growing infrastructure companies in the world building next generation cloud services. We offer a full spectrum of services such as public cloud services, private infrastructures and colocation and dedicated servers. We are present in 160 countries, with more than 350 employees representing 18 nationalities.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status.