About the job
The Storage Team is a pillar of Scaleway. This team not only develops the Scaleway Elements Storage products (Block Storage and Object Storage), but also supports all the other Scaleway Elements products that rely on Storage (Instances, Database, Registry, Kubernetes, and more) for proper usage. In a challenging environment, and within a team that manages hundreds of Storage servers across various regions, you will be responsible for developing, automating, and enhancing Scaleway’s Object Storage solution.
This service launched by Scaleway offers resilient, redundant, and high-availability storage for its numerous clients. Your missions will require programming, automation, and architecture skills. On top of your daily activities within your team, you will need to interact with all of Scaleway’s teams, especially Instance, Network, Hardware, and Platform.
- You are a Software Engineer who is passionate about DevOps best practices and cloud architecture, ideally with over 5 years of experience.
- Deep understanding of Golang, including asynchronous programming
- Experience with (and love for) distributed systems
- Strong system-level programming skills
- Experience with a continuous integration workflow, Gitlab, and Git
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Distributed systems (and debugging them)
- Coding, peer review, and deployment
- Customer support in relation to your product
- Deploying your code
- Deploying infrastructures in new Availability Zones
- Reacting to failures in collaboration with other teams
- Presenting your work during tech meetings
- Supporting the Sales team for highly technical tasks
- Bringing forward new ideas for our future features
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of C/C++
- Infrastructure deployment with Ansible
- Very good command of English
- S3 Api’s
This position can be either:
- Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), partial/full remote is possible
- Flex Remote Internationally
61,000 - 83,000+ EUR per year
Screening call - 30 mins with the recruiter
Manager Interview - 45 mins
HR Interview - 45 mins
Head of Interview - 45 mins
Offer sent - 48 hours
We treat every candidate equally in our recruitment process. Even if you don't meet 100% of the job’s requirements, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you would be a good fit!
Questions about this job? Nathalie Tourbay, our Recruitment Team Lead, would be happy to answer your questions.
👉Scaleway is a #singular place and we’re looking for #singular people. If you like what you see here and you’ve got a story to tell, we’d love to hear from you.
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure.
Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures.
With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status.