Job Summary: In this role you will be part of the team that architects, implements, and deploys our Azure cloud-based offerings. Our DevOps Engineers get to build one-of-a-kind, cutting-edge cloud solutions. Our primary focus is to distill confidence in our customers by creating customized solutions and a top-notch customer onboarding experience. If you enjoy writing programmatic solutions to reduce customer turnaround time and your own workload, this team is for you.
Work Location: Remote
- Automatedeployments utilizing custom templates and modules for customer environments on Azure.
- Architect Azure environment best practices and deployment methodologies.
- Create automation tools and processes to improve Team and Racker day to day functions.
- Educate customers on Azure and Rackspace best practices and architecture.
- Assist in educational briefings for teammates to advance in technical trainings for continued growth.
- Provide a continuous Fanatical Support experience for our customers.
- Mininum of 1 year's experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Prefer Azure Fundamentals or Azure Admin Certified.
- Working knowledge of Azure Products & Services, Caching, Storage Accounts, Scaling, Load Balancing, Networking etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems – experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance.
- Intermediate understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing.
- Good understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices.
- Working knowledge using ARM templates and/or Terraform.
- Kubernetes exp. is a plus, as is exp. w/Relational and NoSQL Databases.
- Knowledge of databases (SQL Server and MySQL).
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and implementations.
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile, and DevOps best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate both technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
- Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
- This role will be supporting Government Customers and new hires will undergo an FBI Background investigation- Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS).
The following information is required by pay transparency legislation in the following states: CA, CO, HI, NY, and WA. This information applies only to individuals working in these states.
•The anticipated starting pay range for Colorado is: $69,900 - $102,520
•The anticipated starting pay range for the states of Hawaii and New York (not including NYC) is: $74,400 - $109,120
•The anticipated starting pay range for California, New York City and Washington is: $81,500 - $119,460
Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits
offered is here. #LI-MF1 #LI-Remote
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.