PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
About the role
Be part of a new Global Data Engineering team that provides Data as a Service for both internal purposes and to our customers. You will be involved in designing the architecture of new data systems and responsible for building scalable, robust, and high-quality infrastructure to support our global cloud-native data platform.
Our stack includes Snowflake, Airflow, Kubernetes, Kafka, GitLab/Bitbucket, AWS, Python. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about data and excited to learn and apply new technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing architecture and suggesting new technologies and tools.
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring in-house services and tools to support our global data infrastructure.
- Working closely with engineering teams, data scientists, and product managers to support features on top of the data.
- Performing code reviews and prioritizing the requirements for the team; understanding the business needs.
- Evaluating and deploying new technologies to expand our data tech-stack and support our products requirements
- Maintaining and working on sunsetting legacy systems
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for proactive individual contributor
- We are looking for problem identifier/solver
- We are looking for a contributor that can manage and plan according to priorities of the team
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Proven experience of more than 2 years in one of the following programming languagesJava, Nodejs or Python.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience deploying production-quality code and using CI/CD tools.
- Strong knowledge with Big data tools and streaming technologies: Airflow, Kafka, or similar.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or other cloud technology.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture.
- At least 2 years of experience with Relational SQL or NoSQL databases
- At least 2 years of proven experience working on architecture, business logic processes, data warehouse modeling, and insight delivery.
- Proven experience with data lake solutions.
- In a nutshell, passion for programming and not just for a programming language
- High level proficiency in English
Very nice to have:
- A profound understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Proven experience with Data Streaming and Change data capture technologies
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.