Pax8 is the leading cloud-based technology marketplace, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
If you are one to immerse yourself in technology and are forward thinking when it comes to building solutions, why not join a team that shares those same traits? At Pax8, we embrace technology and have our teams explore what it has to offer. In an ever-changing industry, you will take us to new heights through the means of machine learning and AI.
As a Data Scientist, you will explore and implement various machine learning concepts and AI models to bring enhancements to the Pax8 marketplace.
Aimed to effectively impact our customers’ experience, you will bring your existing knowledge and experience of chatbot, customer scoring and other marketplace enhancement features. Your skills with Python and SQL will be necessary to appropriately apply these features.
Meet the team and hear what they have to say about our Product & Engineering group: Meet the Team
- Develops comprehensive data science solutions
- Develops machine learning infrastructure, deployment, and monitoring
- Mentors junior level Data Scientists
- Includes testing in all aspects of the development process
- Creates descriptive reports and visualizations detailing the performance of advanced analytics projects
- Analyzes potential problems and finds solutions to pressing data issues
- Participates in on-call rotation
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least two (2) to six (6) years of relevant data science experience
- Intermediate experience with the Python data science stack (pandas, scikit-learn, keras, etc.)
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Moderate experience with Apache Spark or other distributed processing engines
- Intermediate experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Intermediate experience with statistical methods
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- M.S./M.A. in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $125,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #Dice-J #BI-Remote
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.