PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
We are looking for a highly skilled Data Scientist to join our team at PayU. As a Data Scientist, you will develop complex payment models, analyze financial data, uncover insights about merchants, shoppers and issuers.
You will identify opportunities by leveraging statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization methods.
At PayU you will have the opportunity to create tools and solutions that will save time and resources, increase revenue and build stronger relationships of the participants.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a passion for creating value beyond the technical responsibilities of a Data Scientist.
Interested in using data-driven insights to solve complex business problems, and able to think creatively and collaboratively, join us!
- Develop machine learning models that drive actionable insights to support business decisions.
- Build and deploy machine learning applications that enable automation and optimization across various business domains like recomendations, anomaly detection, classification.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for data-driven decision making and drive the adoption of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the organization.
- Working with large and complex datasets from various internal and external sources.
- Staying up-to-date with new data acquisition techniques and incorporating new data sources into analyses as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques in machine learning and AI.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Strong programming skills in Python,
- Proficient in SQL and experience with data warehousing and data architecture design.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Strong understanding of statistical modeling techniques and data analysis methods, including supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, and NLP.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.