Servian, is an award winning, regional and global tech consultancy with a rich heritage in Data, DevOps, Digital app dev, Machine Learning and cloud. We embrace innovation, change, and the positive impact it has for us and our clients. All roles at Servian involve personal and technical development pathways which aim to facilitate your career growth. We aim to build an employee experience where you will grow more with us, not be drowned out by the loudest voice, and hence we strive to set you up for a career which will have a greater impact.
We are currently looking for talented Data Engineers who are based out of Sydney, to help our clients deliver automation solutions.
You will be working on exciting and interesting projects, being involved in implementing strategies and delivering on cloud solutions in Google Cloud, Azure and AWS.
Our consultants are natural problem solvers - they are curious, ambitious and experts in their fields. You will have the opportunity to collaborate and learn from them. You will be working on exciting and interesting projects, working with our clients to understand their needs and to help shape the engagements that allow Servian to provide services that will meet those needs.
If you have a passion for learning new technologies, want to be tech agnostic, and work with like minded technologists, Servian is the place to grow your career and have fun in the process!
You will be involved in:
- Development of end to end data pipelines. We are particularly interested in Google Cloud, Azure, AWS or Snowflake experience.
- Advising on data architecture, data models, data migration, integration and pipelines and data analysis and visualisation.
- Implementing solutions for the establishment of data management capabilities including data models and structures, database and data storage infrastructure, master and metadata management, data quality, data integration, data warehousing, data transformation, data analysis and data governance.
- Development and execution of Data migrations.
- Supporting pre-sales activity to promote Servian, our capabilities and value to current and prospective clients.
You will be:
- A strong analytical thinker and problem solver with thought leadership and commercial awareness.
- Experienced building end to end data pipelines using on-premise or cloud based data platforms.
- Experienced with hands-on delivery of solutions which include databases, advanced SQL and software development in languages such as Python, Scala, Java, TSQL, PL/SQL to name a few.
- Knowledgeable in relational and big data architectures, data warehousing, data integration, data modelling, data optimisation and data analysis techniques.
- Interested and knowledgeable in Big Data technologies and Apache ecosystem technologies such as Beam, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Airflow, NiFi, databases, integration, master data management, quality assurance, data wrangling and data governance technologies.
- Knowledgeable in Cloud Data Warehouse services. Experience in Google BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Azure SQL DWH or Azure Databricks is highly desirable.
- Experienced with public cloud platforms and cloud infrastructure, which is essential.
- Exposed to ETL/ELT and governance tools (inc Talend, Informatica, Matillion, FiveTran, IBM Datastage, Collibra)
- Interested in AI and ML technologies and principles.
- Able to migrate and transform large, complex datasets from diverse sources, structures and formats, modeled to support analysis for access to quality actionable insights.
- At Servian we believe talented technologists matter, this means we want to help grow your career and develop your passion in the ever changing tech industry.
- Variety of interesting projects, using emerging technologies.
- Collaborative environment for talented technologists.
- Continuous learning and development across multiple dimensions including technology, leadership and commerciality.
Wellbeing & Benefits
- Access to a wide range of internal training sessions, across both technical and consulting skills.
- Sponsored certifications across all our partner technology vendors.
- We provide employees with Life Insurance, Income Protection Insurance and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Generous Parental leave.
- We are proud to have a sociable workplace that values diversity and celebrates achievement with multiple company-wide, social, and family events throughout the year. Due to Covid-19, all social events are currently virtual.
Inclusion & Diversity
- Servian recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at Servian.
Our business is focused developing our people and offerings across the following:
- Cloud & Technology - Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), DevOps and Automation inc HashiCorp
- Data & Analytics - BI/DWH, Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science and Advanced Analytics
- Digital - Full stack Development, UI/UX Design, Mobile Development
- Customer Engagement - Marketing Campaigns, Campaign Analysis, Customer Insights
- Artificial Intelligence - Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Cyber Security - DevSecOps, Penetration Testing, Multi-Cloud Security, Security Posture Analysis
If this role sounds of interest, or you would like to hear about other exciting opportunities get in touch with the Servian Talent Acquisition Team.
Applications open from 23.03.22 to 23.04.22