PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
PayU’s data engineering team is seeking a highly skilled Data Engineer to join us in designing, developing, and maintaining efficient and reliable data solutions.
Our focus is on empowering and guiding our users to get value from their data quickly and reliably. To achieve that we Terraform our data infrastructure (where it makes sense), build microservices to provide self-service experience and develop tools to simplify our work.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a passion for applying best practices and excellent quality software development skills to improve domain owners and data consumers experience.
- Design, develop and maintain data governance solutions.
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure and databases, ensuring high availability and scalability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize data requirements and ensure data quality.
- Develop and maintain data monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and resolve data issues.
- Implement automated testing and deployment processes to ensure reliable and consistent data pipelines.
- Continuously optimize and improve data pipelines and data infrastructure to increase efficiency and performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
- Design, develop and maintain data governance solutions
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure and databases, ensuring high availability and scalability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize data requirements and ensure data quality
- Develop and maintain data monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and resolve data issues
- Implement automated testing and deployment processes to ensure reliable and consistent data pipelines
- Continuously optimize and improve data pipelines and data infrastructure to increase efficiency and performance
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data engineering or related field
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience in unit testing, dependency management and CICD pipeline implementation for Python projects
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Snowflake)
- Familiarity with data warehousing and ETL concepts
- English at professional working proficiency level
- (Optional) Experience working with Airflow, Scala, Kubernetes, Terraform, Spark
- BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with people in a multicultural environment
- Independent and systematic approach to work
- Motivation to learn new skills
- WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work in an international organization operating in a rapidly changing industry
- Full-time employment under a contract of employment
- Benefits: ability to develop one’s own package in MyBenefit system
- Series of training
- Friendly work atmosphere in a young cooperation-driven team
- Ability to work in a hybrid model after probation period
Our work environment
- A diverse working environment within a multicultural setting
- An inclusive environment that ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions
- A positive, get-things-done workplace
- A dynamic, constantly evolving space (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this)
- Ability to learn cutting edge concepts and innovation in an agile start-up environment with a global scale
- A democratic work environment where you can drive your outcomes
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.