Title: Client Solutions Engineer
Team: Solutions Engineering
Reporting to: Valeria Radacun
Volt is revolutionising how people pay online, globally. Our technology frees consumers from cards by letting them ‘Pay by Bank’. It’s effortless. It’s lightning fast. It’s the future. For businesses everywhere, it’s transformative.
We’re already trusted by leading brands around the world, but the real-time revolution is only just beginning. Having raised $83.5m, we’re accelerating our mission of delivering real-time payments, everywhere. And that’s where you come in.
We need world-class talent to create a world where consumers pay, and businesses get paid, instantly. With headquarters in London and offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Kraków and Warsaw – and an all-star team already in place – we’re sure you’ll fit right in.
About the role:
The Implementation Engineer at Volt is at the intersection of integration, product and sales. The role is pivotal in demonstrating Volt’s technical capabilities during the implementation processes, sharing the customer’s perspective with product and guiding our customers through integration and optimization of our products within their existing checkout.
You will manage integration projects with customers directly. Your excellent communication skills will enable you to effectively coordinate integration projects with both technical and business stakeholders. During these, you suggest best practices and drive the integration forward to the best of your capabilities. You lead presentations and workshops solely on your own, building relationships to the main technical stakeholders in the process and potentially supporting customers beyond the go-live or the standard set of responsibilities. You find patterns in the integration process, document them and work effectively with the integration team to establish a set of routines that reduces overall workload in order to grow our customer portfolio even more.
What the role involves:
- Project Management: Proactively manage and oversee the end-to-end process of a customer's integration, from initial design and scoping to implementation and go live, potentially also beyond. Ensure all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables are met with the highest quality.
- Navigating Ambiguity: Work effectively in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, adapting to changing customer requirements and internal updates, and solving complex technical and business challenges as they arise.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Develop and maintain relationships with technical stakeholders at all levels within the customer's organization, ensuring smooth communication and effective collaboration.
- Product Feedback: Work closely with our Product teams to share insights, feedback, and suggestions for product improvements based on your experiences working with our merchants. Identify opportunities for new product features and advocate for our merchants' needs.
- Multidisciplinary Approach: Leverage your multifaceted skillset and adapt your approach based on the needs of the customer, ranging from technical solutioning to business-focused conversations.
Documentation: Create and maintain detailed documentation of the implementation process, including technical specifications, deployment plans, and user manuals.
- 5 years of experience in a Implementation Engineer, Technical Project Manager, Delivery Manager or similar role preferably in FinTech
- Bachelor's degree
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with open banking or payments industry
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with web technologies (HTTP, HTML, JS, JSON, RestFUL etc.)
What happens next?
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our Talent Acquisition representative. The video meeting will take about 30 minutes,
- Then it’s time for a second interview! The meeting will be conducted by our Department Team Lead and will be 30 minutes.
- Next we will move to Workshop stage, please expect this to last 2 hours
- Our Senior Leadership team want to have a chat :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 30 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
- Competitive salary 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working 🏡
- Enhanced Parental Leave 👪
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off 🥳
- Digital Detox: once every two months on Friday we close down all comms at Volt. The whole business is officially ordered to take the day off!🧘🏻♀️
- Brand new macbook pro💻
At Volt, diversity and inclusion are integral to our culture.
We believe in hiring for cultural add, embracing difference and fostering a safe space where everyone can bring their authentic selves. Our mission is to transform the payments industry and this is only possible through the power of our diverse and talented team.
Join us in making real-time payments accessible for all.