At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Backend Engineer – SwaggerHub
- Development of new features and capabilities in collaboration with an international team of developers, testers, UX designers and product managers.
- Gaining exposure to cutting-edge development technology.
SwaggerHub is an integrated API development platform aimed at teams using the Swagger framework to design, build, document and deploy APIs. SwaggerHub enables collaboration and coordination through the entire API lifecycle with integrations to engineer favorite toolsets such as, AWS, GitHub, Apigee as well as other SmartBear products.
Go to our product page if you want to know more about SwaggerHub.
You can even have a free trial to check it out 😊
About the role:
As a Backend Engineer you will be working on an international team that is primarily responsible for the delivery of SwaggerHub to On-Premise customers on Kubernetes.
- Implementing new functionality in close cooperation with stakeholders.
- Drive high engineering standards engaging in peer design and code reviews, refining sessions, etc
- Create and maintain technical and support documentation.
- Assist the Support Team in troubleshooting and resolving customer installation and management issues.
We are looking for you if you have:
- Proficiency with Kubernetes and Helm for container orchestration and deployment
- Proficiency in working with Linux-based VMs and shell scripting
- Writing maintainable and testable code.
- Knowledge of how to write secure code.
- Preferably experience with Github Actions, CI/CD pipelines
- This role is located in our Galway Office, candidate should be local to Galway, Ireland
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know?
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry (product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.