Job Summary: Key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via the phone, ticketing system, and automation. This role owns customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve and keeps our customers updated through every step of the process.
Work Location: Remote
- Be a technical point of escalation to the Cloud Support and Engineering teams
- Resolve customer issues, working in collaboration with partners across the business, as required.
- Deliver key objectives for the Cloud Function.
- Monitor and provide maintenance for all related infrastructure.
- Ensure the control, integrity, and accessibility of the cloud environment for the enterprise.
- Perform tasks relating to system administration enhancements, problem management, process improvement, reporting, and customer infrastructure.
- Perform Workload/Workforce Management and Optimization related tasks.
- Provide technical expertise underpinning communications targeting a range of stakeholders - from individual contributors to leaders across the business.
- 7+ years of technical engineering
- Must have a professional certification related to a cloud technology
- Knowledge in the Azure Cloud Platform
- Skilled in at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java
- Skilled with git and git workflows
- Ability to leverage CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment
- Knowledge of Linux or Windows OS, including but not limited to: Server Failover Clustering, Active Directory, IIS
- Ability to work in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC)
- Knowledge of designing, building, implementing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed, highly available systems
- Ability to use one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools
- Knowledge of services and protocols, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of hosting environments, including web servers, databases, caching, and database services
- Knowledge in the application of current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols
- Skilled in VMWare, vSphere, and Hyper-V Platforms,
- Basic networking skills
- Knowledge of fibre channel SANS, NFS and vSAN
- Basic working knowledge of HP/DELL Server hardware platforms
The following information is required by pay transparency legislation in the following states: CA, CO, HI, NY, and WA. This information applies only to individuals working in these states.
•The anticipated starting pay range for Colorado is: $128,300 - $188,210.
•The anticipated starting pay range for the states of Hawaii and New York (not including NYC) is: $136,600 – 200,310.
•The anticipated starting pay range for California, New York City and Washington is: $149,500 - $219,230.
Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here.#LI-MF1 #LI-Remote
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.