JOB TITLE: Azure Cloud Engineer III (Implementation)
The Fanatical Support for Azure team provides industry leading Fanatical Support™ to Rackspace customers as part of a global team.
Rackspace is hiring Azure Cloud Engineers to deliver Fanatical Support with Microsoft Azure. Fanatical Support for Azure includes a wide range of services and features to help customers make the most out of their chosen hosting strategy. Using your deep technical expertise, you will help customers optimize their workloads by providing application focused assistance to build, deploy, integrate, scale and heal using native Azure and 3rd party tool-chains and automation oriented agile principles.
Through both hands-on and consultative approaches, you will be responsible for supporting customers with tasks including provisioning and modifying Cloud environments, performing upgrades, and addressing day-to-day customer deployment issues via phone and tickets.
At Rackspace we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fanatical experience - this means our support team blends technical expertise and strong customer oriented professional skills. Being successful in this role requires:
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Products & Services, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking, Firewall, NSG etc
· Excellent working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems – experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance
· Intermediate understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing
· Good understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
· Ability to perform Devops activities and fair knowledge of Azure migrations along with KQL for monitoring setups
· Working knowledge of using ARM, Ansible/Jenkins and/or Terraform
· Work with a talented and highly engaged team of Architects, Engineers, Relationship Managers and Product Teams
· Automate PAAS and IAAS deployments for customer environments on Microsoft Azure platform
· Architect Azure environment best practices and deployment methodologies
· Create automation tools and processes to improve Team and Racker day to day functions
· Educate customers on Azure and Rackspace best practices and architecture
· Assist in educational briefings for teammates to advance in technical trainings for continued growth
· Act as an escalation point for our Support Engineers when required
· Provide a continuous Fanatical Support experience for our customers
· 5+ years experience working with Azure and executing cloud deployments
· Working knowledge of Azure Resources and Services, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc.
· Experience migrations, automating and orchestrating workloads on Azure
· Experience creating Terraform and/or ARM templates
· Experience in scripting specifically PowerShell and Bash.
· Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
· Experience working with at least one of the following languages: C#, Json, Python
· Experience with GIT, VSTS and Terraform
· Experience on KQL for Alert Creation and modifications
· Proficient leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
· Experience in the Azure services & APIs.
· Strong Windows skills
· Knowledge of databases (SQL Server and MySQL)
· Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and implementations
· Knowledge of supported network appliances and related solutions in Azure is preferred. F5, Cisco, Palo Alto etc.
· Knowledge of Azure federation services is preferred.
· Good knowledge of application development using Agile, and DevOps best practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate both technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
· Effective with time management and expected deliverables
· An ability to multi-task and work on multiple concurrent projects
· Must have Azure 900 & 104 Certifications
· Should be ready work in 24x7 environment, in all available shifts
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.