Job Summary: As a Rackspace Azure Architect you will design, develop, and implement cloud-based solutions. Design cloud architecture and completes plans and specifications to develop solutions. Collaborate with product managers and engineers to develop specifications for new cloud-based products/services, applications and solutions. Drive the roll-out of cloud management platforms, evaluates its performance and implements enhancements. Develop and enrich the product portfolio of cloud services and value-added services.
Work Location: US-Remote
- Encourages others to listen attentively and engage with the speaker by asking appropriate open-ended questions; reflects on and reiterates key points and clarifies messages to help others reach agreement.
- Monitors non-verbal reactions of others to identify and respond to areas of interest or concern.
- Ensures all viewpoints have been heard and discussed before reaching conclusions, offering guidance or asserting own views.
- Influences and coaches others across the business unit/function to work independently and identify areas for improvement in work processes.
- Encourages and motivates people to achieve high standards of excellence by consistently raising the bar and coaching others to achieve results.
- Sets challenging and realistic goals for others; proactively considers the business unit/function’s goals to prevent conflicts of interests and communicates goals to teams.
- Provides guidance and expertise to analyze data and patterns and assess the root cause of complex, non-routine problems.
- Collaborates with others across disciplines to brainstorm and execute solutions to the most complex, uncommon problems.
- Guides the execution of solutions for complex, non-routine issues; redirects solution implementation if desired results were not originally met.
- Creatively develops tools, visual aids and other original content to support the understanding/education of complex and technical information (e.g., legal, operational risk, and regulatory data).
- Guides others on the best practices and approaches for creating clear, concise and organized communication materials to convey technical concepts in a user-friendly way.
- Challenges others to bring fresh and creative perspective to differentiating technical communications and ensuring comprehension and ease-of-use for various audiences.
- Exceeds customers’ expectations by listening for unexpressed needs; connects customer needs to relevant service offerings and new technology.
- Leads others in resolving technical issues in a timely manner; follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Partners with the business to integrate new technologies into business solutions; creates and communicates a vision of the technology requirements for the future state of the business.
- Prioritizes workload and ensures that deadlines are successfully met; delegates or seeks additional staff when necessary.
- Identifies short- and long-term barriers to completing project plans and takes corrective action to meet deliverable objectives.
- Manages multifaceted projects or assignments, such as projects that have several separate components, with minimal error and without missing important deliverables.
- Implement CI services (VCS, artifactory repo, build, release).
- Design/implement CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement CI services (VSC, Artifacts repo, build service pipeline service).
- implement CI/CD pipeline to build/deploy infrastructure or application.
- Use cloud IaC language to implement cloud resources or use orchestration tools to organize IaC code and inject configurations.
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required. At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- Must have an Azure Certification.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of role required.
- Extensive knowledge of cloud services, methodologies, best practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language (such as Node.js, Scala, Python, or Golang, etc).
- Knowledge of at least one modern services framework (K8S, SDWAN, Serverless, etc).
The following information is required by pay transparency legislation in the following states: CA, CO, HI, NY, and WA. This information applies only to individuals working in these states.
•The anticipated starting pay range for Colorado is: $143,700 - $210,760.
•The anticipated starting pay range for the states of Hawaii and New York (not including NYC) is: $153,000 - $224,400.
•The anticipated starting pay range for California, New York City and Washington is: $167,400 - $245,520.
Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here.#LI-MF1 #LI-Remote
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.