Job Family Summary
AWS Cloud Engineer III-IN (AWS Infrastructure Support)
Work Location: Remote
Experience Required : 7 to 10 Yrs
Open to work on Rotational Shift
The Cloud Engineer is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via the phone, ticketing system, and automation. This role owns complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve and keeps our customers updated through every step of the process. Responsible for the support of internal and external customers on multiple platforms. Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase user satisfaction. Resolves customer issues, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents. Develops tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience, creates playbooks, and providing mentoring on customer related issues to support teams. The Support Engineer is expected to take initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may encounter and suggest alternatives which may better serve the stability and security of the customer's solution. Keeps informed of emerging technologies. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
Career Level Summary
• Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
• Solves complex problems
• Works independently, receives minimal guidance
• May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Technical point of escalation to the Cloud Support and Engineering teams; resolving customer issues, working in collaboration with partners across the business, as required
• Lead functional and contribute to cross-functional business continuity/transformational projects and customer engagements (both technical and non-technical), delivering key objectives for the Organization
• Monitor and provide maintenance for all related infrastructure
• Ensure the control, integrity, and accessibility of the cloud environment
• Implements large, complex enterprise-class solutions
• Lead tasks relating to system architecture enhancements, problem management, fleet management, process improvement, reporting, product integration and customer infrastructure
• Mentor and assist Rackers across the organization
• Collaborate and share knowledge with other Engineers and Administrators on the support floor
•Strong knowledge of Cloud Platform Products such as AWS ( 5-7 yrs hands-on experience)
•Experience designing and building web application environments on AWS, including services such as EC2, S3,ELB, RDS, etc.
•Experience with Linux and Windows Server system administration.
•Experience with installing and configuring application servers such as WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat.
•A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead.
•Passionate about technology and has a desire to constantly expand technical knowledge
•Detail-oriented in documenting information and able to own customer issues through resolution
•Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work under pressure
•Demonstrate sound problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
•Strong written and verbal communication skills, both highly technical and non-technical
•Ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field
•Requires AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate level (Professional Level) for AWS Specialists
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.