Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction "people operating system". We want to inspire people at Roblox to take on challenging problems and allow them to find unique solutions while providing what is needed to accelerate their development. The system that the People team relies on most is Workday. We are looking for a Workday expert with experience scaling and growing companies and recommending best practices on how to use Workday to its fullest potential.
In this role, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the Roblox OS team.
- Very knowledgeable about Workday Payroll, Workday HCM design, structure, functions and processes, with 3+ years of practical Workday system administration experience including responsibility for system configuration, access management, testing, and providing user support.
- Experienced at understanding of business process best practices and the ability to understand key HR concepts and help teams improve operational processes.
- A strong technical communicator able to lead teams across the company and organization to align on simple effective solutions to complex business problems.
- Certified or equivalent experience in Workday Core HCM, Workday Reporting, or Workday Payroll
- Support and communicate Workday releases and enhancements and help Roblox maximize the capabilities of HR systems by researching and recommending new functionality with a goal of supporting operational excellence.
- Support Workday Payroll and Workday Time Tracking workstreams.
- Own Workday Security Administration and set up user access with an understanding of how roles and security groups tie together; perform quarterly access audits to ensure compliance with data security and privacy standards, making any necessary adjustments.
- Manage feature requests using Roblox’s ticketing system and facilitate prioritizing/ranking them based on business needs.
- Assist in implementing and testing new functionality. Communicate system changes, updates and enhancements to the user community.
- Design and develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation to support consistent usage, knowledge transfer and change management initiatives.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.