If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
This growth is really product-led: people try out the product, love it, and stick around. Which makes metabase.com
and our checkout flows really important mediums for us to communicate the value of our product, answer questions and more. Which means we're investing in growing and refining it a lot more.
For that, we're looking for a detail-oriented web developer to work closely with our growth team to build our website experience. Today, it’s a Jekyll-generated static website using Liquid templating, light on the frontend, with some React sprinkled here and there. In this role, you'll own this stack and having a huge impact in helping spread the message of Metabase to the world.
What you're like
- A real GSD'er, able to structure your days (wherever in the world you may be) and communicate effectively
- Care a lot about polish and details, and thrive in developing thoughtful, sweat-the-details types of UI
- Willing to work on our stack today, and help us evolve it moving forward.
- Excited to work asynchronously in a global team
What you'll do
- Own the frontend development of all templates and pages on metabase.com, and the checkout flow and account management functionalities on store.metabase.com
- Shape website marketing projects from a technical perspective
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in HTML5, SASS and VanillaJS
- Experience with TypeScript as well as React and NextJS frameworks
- Familiarity with templating languages such as Handlebars or Liquid
- Skills you don't need: backend, experience with BI or analytics, design, making sushi.
We're a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.