TuSimple is a global autonomous driving technology company headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United States and Asia. Founded in 2015, TuSimple is developing a commercial-ready, fully autonomous (SAE Level 4) driving solution for long-haul heavy-duty trucks. TuSimple aims to transform the $4 trillion global truck freight industry through the company's leading AI technology, which makes it possible for trucks to drive safely autonomously, operate nearly continuously, and reduce fuel consumption by 10%+ relative to manually driven trucks. Global achievements include over 200 Patents, the world's first fully autonomous, 'driver-out' semi-truck run on open public roads in the U.S. and China, and development of the world's first Autonomous Freight Network (AFN).
About the Role:
TuSimple is the self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. TuSimple's Planning Research Team plays a critical role in generating optimized trajectories for our self-driving trucks. This Vehicle Planning Research Engineer would support TuSimple's planning module, which includes important components such as lane change decision, motion planning, and trajectory selection.
Planning Team Responsibilities:
- Deliver high-quality and reliable code for planning modules on autonomous driving trucks
- Develop the cutting edge stochastic optimization algorithms in decision making
- Gain experience in convex optimization algorithms for motion planning
- Build advanced models for machine learning based planning algorithms
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests.
Example Vehicle Planning Research Projects include:
- Improve lane change algorithms to make our lane change natural, smooth and safe
- Longitudinal and Lateral joint optimization to handle sudden cut-in and complicated merge scenarios
- Perception and prediction uncertainty handling in motion planning
- Learning based planning algorithms (both deep learning and reinforcement learning)
What You Will Need:
- Location: Ability to work from TuSimple’s San Diego Office three days a week is required for this role.
- Education: At least a Bachelor’s Degree is needed for this role.
- At least 4 years of directly related experience is required for this role.
- Product-quality code in C++ and/or Python.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced learning algorithms include deep learning, reinforcement learning, inverse reinforcement learning, GAN
- Knowledge and experience in convex optimization, non-linear optimization, stochastic optimization, Markov decision process, graphic search algorithm
- Experience in designing and building data pipelines.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Masters or a PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Math/statistics or other related fields.
- Autonomous Vehicle Industry Experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Advanced Driver Assisted Systems (ADAS) experience is also preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prototype and implement controllers on physical systems is preferred, too.
#LI-LMR #LI-Hybrid #TuSimple #Planning #Algorithm
Please note: Individual salaries will vary within the following range based on factors such as location, business needs and candidate's skills, education, and experience.
- Partner: We share, collaborate, communicate, and work together with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Persevere: We are agile, adaptable, and persist through adversity to achieve objectives and follow through our commitment.
- Pioneer: We innovate, take informed risks, and set the pace for autonomous freight and its network.
- Protect: We safeguard the company's people, assets, reputation, partners, and how our innovations impact communities.
We take pride in providing a robust, well-rounded benefits package available to eligible employees. For this reason, we offer benefits for healthcare, tax savings, well-being, income protection, voluntary benefits and paid holidays such as...
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents, and you
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more available
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Free Coursera enterprise account
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Employer-paid life insurance, long, and short term disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.