Classy helps nonprofit organizations increase their impact by creating outstanding giving experiences. Our best-in-class suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we are a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, crafting new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Technical Program Manager that will join our Test Engineering Team, and be responsible for scoping and delivering testware for the Classy Online Fundraising Platform. The Testware team delivers the testing tools, frameworks and dashboard that enables the testing, analysis and reporting of all testing, manual and automated, and reporting of metrics. The ideal candidate is very experienced in running complex projects with multiple dependencies and priorities that compete for resourcing. You will work across the organization to develop a Testware Roadmap, create a project timelines, and develop Jira Epics with linked tickets that contain formal acceptance criteria. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. You will be data-oriented and research focused. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior management. We want to talk to you if you have a sound desire to be part of a team that is highly collaborative and focuses on delivering high quality software on-time.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Partner with the test engineering manager to develop and refine the teams development practices as needed to assist in ensuring timely delivery of commitments throughout the year
- Work with other program and product managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Work closely with pod leads, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, and timing for new initiatives
- Research, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Participate in continual product improvement efforts and work with team members to implement best practices and procedures to ensure we are always learning
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of projects to achieve schedule, financial, and technical goals as assigned
- Long term goal is to partner with marketing to analyze, quantify and share the value that the testware team is bringing to Classy
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or related field
- 3+ years in a technical or program management role
- Certifications such as Scrummaster and/or PMP
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Experience working on technical projects delivered within cost and on-time as part of a software product development team
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective team player with high level of customer empathy - must want to be part of the team and do right by those who choose to use our software platform
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or Technical School for Programming with 3-5 years experience
- Experience working with E-Commerce platforms
- Experience working with SaaS applications deployed to AWS
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Nonprofit or online fundraising experience and/or Payment Processing experience
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.