Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
You are a Technical Program Manager who will lead the planning, management, communication, and governance of Couchbase Engineering and Cloud programs and projects in a collaborative, fast-paced, disciplined, results oriented environment.
Couchbase is growing rapidly, and the Engineering and Cloud teams are at the foundation of our growth.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. Our systems have scaled well to date but we need to expand our capabilities by an order of magnitude.
What this means is that we need to successfully formulate, organize, coordinate, and monitor interconnected projects and programs of large scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the life cycle.
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
• In 3 months time- you'll have earned the trust of the team and channeled their talents to establish a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery with high-quality work.
• In 6 months time- you and your team will have established a reputation for being predictable, by delivering high-quality software that is reliable, stable, and secure.
• In 12 months time- you will have made a material impact on the organization by implementing the processes and automations to ensure Couchbase Cloud has a world-class offering and that the internal processes and approach are well managed and predictable, and teams, stakeholders and customers are delighted.
This role is based in Santa Clara, CA USA
Other Program Management Focus Areas:
- Organizing daily activities based on the goals of the organization
- Devising new programs that support the organization’s objectives
- Coming up with sustainable goals for the organization
- Working with other departments to develop budgets and plans for the programs
- Evaluating and assessing the programs’ strengths and weaknesses
- Monitoring projects and overseeing project managers to ensure goals are met
- Meeting with stakeholders to discuss program status and goals
- Working with the marketing team to improve strategies
- Compliance: Working with the Legal team to set policies and procedures to comply with the software regulations.
- BS in Computer Science or any Engineering field
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in Program management in Enterprise or Cloud Software Companies
- You thrive at identifying areas for improvement and developing and implementing approaches to improve
- You are confident you will thrive at successfully formulating, organizing, and monitoring interconnected projects and programs of large scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the life cycle
- You have a deep understanding of software requirements, development, testing, testability, reliability, and supportability
- You are kind and collaborative
- You communicate clearly, precisely, and effectively
- You have proven experience managing highly technical programs and projects
- You excel at ensuring stakeholders and teams love working together
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You enjoy working with ambiguity and in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Value clear, open communication
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to make realistic assessments of product complexity and risk and mitigate
- Formulate, organize, coordinate, and monitor inter-connected projects and programs that setup distributed teams for success
- Ensure clarity of cross-functional requirements with clear success criteria
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Resolve issues affecting scope, quality, and schedules
- Effectively manage change and resources while escalating and managing risks at the earliest possible opportunity
- Assess and report program performance with an aim to reduce risk and assure predictability and stability
- Facilitate process to ensure work gets done to expectations without dictating or individually assigning work
- Assist with internal and external communications and change management efforts, improve transparency, and drive adoption
- Grow teams of talented people, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely output and that they are happy, motivated, and growing
- Scale human and computer systems to accommodate hyper growth
- Work with the product team to clarify and specify the future of the product
- Contribute to shaping the future of the organization
- Ensure issues and backlog is managed effectively and timely
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
-And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.