Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
SRE exists to empower other teams from across the business to improve the availability, performance and efficiency of our software products. The foundation of our strategy is to ensure teams have full visibility of emerging issues in our software’s behaviour.
As a Team Lead you will be responsible for supporting the engineers in our Reliability Connection pod, driving a culture of professional development, performance and open communication. Empowering them to build and implement sophisticated incident response tools and create a culture focused on continually improving the operation of Xero’s platform and applications.
You’ll also work alongside Product Management and fellow Team Leads to drive Engineering team initiatives to enable the success of the group as a whole.
What you'll do:
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining capable individuals, building on and complementing the diversity of our team.
- As required, lead, develop and grow a high performing team through coaching, mentoring and setting a clear direction by connecting the work they do to the Technology and Xero’s strategic objectives.
- Support each member of your team to identify, grow and develop engineering capabilities and overall personal development and work with them to understand career growth opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to develop a high performing cross functional leadership team at the pod level.
- Maintain a positive and constructive relationship between yourself, your product peers, and your team.
- Ensure your team’s delivery pipeline is flowing at a predictable and sustainable pace, raising and addressing blockers as appropriate.
- Ensure the health of all the teamʼs products is well understood by the team, discoverable by the wider organization, and able to be addressed, should problems occur.
- Understand and advocate the Xero Engineering Standards. Working as part of a leadership group, you’ll facilitate an engineering approach that is compliant to these standards and fosters sustainably excellent engineering.
- Working with your peers in Product and your team, assist in the development roadmaps and plans which effectively and efficiently deliver business outcomes.
- Maintain a current knowledge of engineering technologies used in the development of Xero’s software applications. Stay up-to-date with emerging engineering practices, techniques and frameworks.
- Work with engineers and CX teams to troubleshoot and resolve production issues, where appropriate.
- Ensure that post-incident learnings are collected and actioned.
What you'll bring:
- An interest and passion for the growth and development of people. You may not have had a role with people leadership experience but you will have experience in mentoring engineers to their potential.
- A drive to learn and grow your own technical and Leadership skills and understanding of concepts.
- A growth mindset - you understand that competency is not fixed but is enhanced through dedication and hard work.
- High EQ - you are self aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to bring clarity in times of uncertainty and change.
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices (Auckland or Wellington).
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.