Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About the role
Your role can be summarised by ‘you do what is needed for the team to succeed’. You will be responsible for supporting your reports to become awesome Xeros. You’ll work with Product Owners & Designers to make sure your team has a set of clear goals and responsibilities, and that any blockers for delivery are cleared in a timely fashion.
You’ll also work with your Engineering Manager and fellow Team Leads to drive cross-pod initiatives to enable the success of the group as a whole. Although you won't have any hands on coding responsibilities, you will provide the team coaching and mentoring drawing on your background in Engineering Management.
What you'll do
- You are a leader at the intersection of product and engineering management.
- You’ll maintain an environment in which your team can do their best work predictably and sustainably.
- You’ll make sure the team has all the information they need and the right feedback loops in place to discover and deliver valuable, usable, and buildable outcomes.
- You’ll help your team learn and improve, making local discoveries global.
- You’ll look after the health of your team and their products, aiming for resilience.
What you'll bring with you
- You will be an excellent people leader, having at least 3 (ideally up to 10) engineers as direct reports in a previous role.
- You have been responsible for managing the delivery of a software team in the past.
- You will have an understanding of Agile fundamentals and experience delivering software using one or more Agile delivery processes.
- You will have a engineering background with the ability to coach and mentor the team on engineering fundamentals.
- You will have a passion for helping people fulfil their potential, provide mentorship and have the ability and willingness to impart knowledge and guidance to your team members through excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
In one of our #beautiful offices (Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane)
Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
Permanently Remote from within Australia
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.