JOB TITLE: Windows Systems Operations Administrator I
FUNCTION: Technical Support REPORTS TO: First Line Response Leader
JOB FAMILY: Technical Support JOB CODE:
Systems Operations Admins are crucial to delivering a great customer experience; they are the first point of contact and are expected to provide technical support and resolution to our customers over phone and support tickets. They are responsible for managing the Rackspace’s global support ticket queues and first line resolution to issues in scope. They are expected to display good judgment in decisions they make, creating and maintaining customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectation. They are critical in helping us deliver a FANATICAL experience.
As a Systems Operations Admins you will play a key part in resolving and, when required, escalating technical issues for customers via phone and ticketing.
You will act as a positive role model for colleagues within your team, striving to live the Rackspace Core Values.
· Initial investigation and resolution of technical requests and monitoring alerts.
· Phone resolution for issues in scope of role and in accordance with team playbook guidelines
· Takes ownership and works on intra-team escalations (phone/ticket)
· Escalates support requests according to escalation procedures
· Second rollover point for inbound customer calls[AW1]
· Incident management (identification, assist in managing and escalation)
· Ad hoc queue management
· Ensuring we adhere to customer & SLA commitments
· Providing Fanatical Support in all of the above
Key Performance Indicators
KPIs Include (not limited to):
· 80%: Ticket & Phone Contribution: Standard day to day will be spent in normal workflow: Working as a team to serve our customers means that we are all contributing towards this goal.
· 20%: Other duties assigned by leadership team (e.g knowledge base / process improvement, career development).
· Contribute to Fanatical Experience: Feedback received by customers showing their appreciation of the Fanatical Support you have directly provided or influenced
Geographical remit – Global
· Previous experience working in a related field or educated to degree level or equivalent.
· Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve both technical and ‘people’ skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strives for performance improvements in oneself and peers.
· Leads by example and motivates team members.
· Organizational skills with the ability to provide quality at pace.
· Ability to work at a team level as well as an individual level.
· Ability to interact confidently with more senior / skilled areas of the business.
· Able to communicate constructive feedback effectively.
· Ability to adapt to changing business / technology requirements.
· Basic troubleshooting knowledge, specializing in Enterprise Windows OS.
· Ability to provide increased level of investigation into CPU usage, memory, disk usage using appropriate OS specific tools or commands.
· Basic understanding of OS specific webhosts and database technologies (e.g. MSSQL / IIS).
· Intermediate understanding of SSL & DNS
· Intermediate understanding of Active Directory.
· Patching - Documents changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
· Windows Certification – MCP/MCSA/MCSE or equivalent.
· Familiarity with cross platform basic troubleshooting tasks (Windows, Linux or Networking)
· Awareness of virtualization and / or cloud technologies. E.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, KVM and/or OpenStack.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.