Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
We work hybrid at Plenty of Fish - IRL in our downtown Vancouver office Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and work remotely the remainder of the week!
Here at Plenty of Fish, we are growing at a rapid pace, and we’re looking for a Systems Lead with deep experience designing, implementing and operationalizing enterprise solutions on both Linux and Windows stacks.
So, what will you do?
- Take the primary lead in implementing and expanding modern virtualization and Kubernetes platforms
- Design and operationalize technical solutions with an emphasis on ensuring that the front-line operations team can support production effectively
- Develop a deep understanding of current technologies with an eye on how to better implement and integrate them across technology stacks
- Act as an interface with other technical teams to ensure IT Operations is effectively meeting our partners’ needs in platform development and DevOps pipelining
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 5 - 8 years experience as a Systems Administrator preferably in a Linux-based environment
- 3 - 5 years experience in a senior technical leadership role; infrastructure architecture or solutions engineering preferred
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure platforms at scale utilizing a broad variety of technologies including Kubernetes and Infrastructure as code tools
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don't match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• Be Proud - We own our ship. We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface thoughtful decisions.
• Crew Together - We're all working towards the same goals and win as a team.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.