Vertical Knowledge is a data products, insights, and intelligence company with a mission to help customers solve their most vexing challenges. Since 2006, our clients have benefited from the power of our knowledge and expertise that's unmatched in the industry.
Our mature website collection methodology, unique data fabric, a comprehensive library of dynamic data products, and proprietary technology platforms equip us to comb through a massive amount of globally available open-source data to find, assess, and frame information and insights.
We cover virtually every industry, ecosystem, and topic. And no matter how complex the subject is, we deliver a distinct decision advantage for our clients.
We can analyze global supply chains for automotive and munitions manufacturers. Inspect pricing and discount patterns for consumer products as diverse as technology and tennis shoes. Even drive deep insights for decision-makers in industries from telecommunications to health care to semiconductors. In short: There's almost no publicly available data we can't find, organize and supply with a level of insight and intelligence suited for our customers' specific needs.
Here's why. We're a team of specialists with the skill, intelligence, expertise, and technology to harness unprecedented quantities of global data. We inform critical decisions for the nation's highest priority units, essential agencies, and economically important commercial clients. No matter what their challenges may be.
VK is based in Chagrin Falls, outside of Cleveland, OH. (home of Calvin & Hobbes, Superman and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). We are a mission-driven organization that takes pride in knowing that our work has the potential to literally save lives.
Since day one, our Software Engineers have helped tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data. We are pushing the technical envelope to solve these problems, and in the process, are helping to redefine how our clients leverage data. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues they address will only increase in difficulty, scale and excitement. In order to meet these challenges, we’ve built a data collection platform that allows us to ingest terabytes of data per day. Your work will draw on your expertise with pretty much everything driving the modern internet today.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. While we face large-scale problems, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
- Looking for confident in utilizing pub/sub functionality to ingest and manage a variety of large datasets and then use managed datasets within BigQuery to create analytics hub exchanges for sharing to a variety of customers. Experience with managing files using Python and managing/using Google Cloud Functions in Python, as an added plus
- GCP Experience, especially with experience using
- · Pub/sub
- · BigQuery
- · Terraform (Deployment Manager a plus)
- · Analytics Hub
Other Preferred Experiences
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or similarly relevant major)
- · 5 or more years of experience architecting, designing, and building high performance/high scale solutions and services
- · Strong proficiency with Python required
- · Database experience required (SQL, Elasticsearch, and/or NoSQL)
- · CI/CD experience required including skills with Terraform, Serverless, Github Actions, or similar technologies
- · AWS experience preferred but not required
- · Solid computer science foundation, with a firm understanding of data structures and algorithms
- · Knowledge of data mining
- · Experience and comfort working in an Agile development environment
- · Comfortable with directing and mentoring junior level software engineers
- · Comfortable supporting client facing calls and communications
- · Can work in a self-directed environment leveraging client guidance and iteration
- · Clean and coherent documentation skills
- · Highly results-oriented with a passion for innovating and delivering effective solutions to formidable technical challenges
- · Strong commitment to technical excellence
- · Unwavering integrity and ethics
- · This position requires that the candidate selected must be a U.S Citizen, and have the ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. DoD Top Secret Clearance
- · Position may be based in our office in Northeast Ohio or remote anywhere in the U.S
Vertical Knowledge L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.