Villa is building America’s leading next-generation homebuilding platform. With a mission to be the easiest, fastest, and most cost-efficient way to build homes, Villa is a highly scalable new approach to offsite homebuilding and is playing a critical role in solving the many problems facing the U.S. housing market. Villa provides end-to-end services for clients that span feasibility, design, permitting, and construction of high-quality homes built using modern offsite construction. Villa is currently the largest ADU builder in California and is growing rapidly into other housing products and geographies.
We’re currently seeking an exceptional Structural Engineer to oversee/create all structural aspects related to our projects, including, but not limited to, creating and standardizing all foundation plans (and obtaining HCD approval), retaining walls and new product development.
Who You Are:
- Lead by example as to how to best represent the company’s and clients’ interests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy interacting with people via phone, email and social media to articulate ideas and gain their trust, and have experience drafting clear communications that demonstrate attention to detail.
- A track record of personal accountability, and a high standard of integrity and professionalism. You’ve demonstrated resilience and a desire to succeed in the face of new and/or unforeseen challenges.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Team-player with a strong desire to help reinforce and improve internal processes.
- A desire to learn, grow and get in on the ground floor of a company that is changing the way the world views housing.
- Receptive to feedback, with the willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree with 1-3+ years of experience as a structural engineer.
- CA PE license (structural) required, applicant to apply new state licensing as required.
- AutoCAD proficiency required, Bluebeam proficiency preferred, Google Office Suite proficiency preferred.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain a set of stamped/signed typical foundation details and calculations for submission on standard projects.
- Develop retaining wall drawings for sloped sites.
- Work with new verticals team on creative structural solutions to new projects.
- Coordinate with internal colleagues, contractors, surveyors, engineers, design specialists, government agencies, and other third-party professionals regarding the permitting, construction, and delivery of premium residential housing projects throughout California.
- Creative problem-solving and multi-tasking skills to fluidly and effectively find answers to complex issues.
- Always analyzing current processes for efficiency and effectiveness and responsible for providing feedback to supervisors.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.