At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. Apps built on top of Space and Time become blockchain interoperable, crunching SQL + machine learning for enterprises and any decentralized applications that need verifiable tamperproofing, blockchain-security, or enterprise scale. We turn any major blockchain into a next-gen database by connecting off-chain storage with on-chain analytic insights. Our team is growing fast, backed by some of the top blockchain orgs and VCs.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first decentralized supercomputer!
As a Streaming Engineer for our Streaming Engineering team, you will join a small team of skilled engineers responsible for developing a high-performance streaming solution for our customers. You will focus on designing and delivering a highly scalable Kafka solution, implementing components such as an SDK, producer API, infrastructure configuration service, and more.
- You will work with a team of engineers to design a near-infinitely available Kafka solution our customers can depend on for streaming workloads.
- Design a clean architecture for ease of customer integration
- Develop a standard SDK implementation across a variety of popular languages
- Implement various supporting API services to facilitate customer configuration
- Work through the complex security challenges posed by exposing Kafka to the public
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field. Masters or PhD a plus.
- 4+ years streaming engineering working with Kafka (experience with MQTT a plus)
- Rock solid engineering fundamentals on Kafka, Zookeeper, event-driven architectures, and where Kafka excels and underperforms
- Solid experience with the various Kafka authentication types and security methods
- Experience with rapid development cycles and strong independence and communication
- Ability to engage senior business leaders and translate between the needs of the business and the demands of / capacities of technology
- Nice to have: Passionate about Web3, blockchain, and decentralization
˖ Ultra competitive salaries
˖ Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
˖ 401(k) Plan
˖ Aggressive bonus structure and/or Space and Time token allocations (similar to stock options)Very flexible PTO and paid holidays and flexible workweek
˖ Very flexible remote work options
˖ A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote)
Space and Time is an EOE and committed to building a diverse team