We're helping organizations deploy supergraphs at scale using Apollo Federation. Are you passionate about language engineering and understand what it takes to write a compiler or a query planner? If so, we'd love to talk to you about joining us in building next-generation GraphQL infrastructure.
With more and more GraphQL APIs being deployed by product teams in organizations, building and organizing subgraphs into a supergraph is critical in helping engineers quickly develop new apps. In this role, you'll have a crucial impact in architecting new query language features.
We have tier-1 backing from Andreessen Horowitz and Matrix Partners. Our technology is used in production by some of today's largest and most innovative companies, including Airbnb, Netflix, Expedia, Peloton, DoorDash, The New York Times, Zillow, and many more.
What you'll do
- Design, discuss, and implement new features in the open source Apollo Federation project, that helps combine GraphQL APIs into a unified supergraph.
- Collaborate with other engineers across the organization and within our open source community using supportive communication and constructive code-reviews
- Listen to the Apollo Federation community of developers, work with them to understand their needs, help develop project roadmaps that represent community expectations, and work on delivering this functionality.
- Communicate your ideas and designs clearly and upfront, aligning with technical Product Managers on their plans and documenting them for end users.
- You understand the complexities of writing a language, compiler, or query engine. You are excited about optimization techniques, extensibility, and performance characteristics.
- You are knowledgeable in cloud and systems technologies, including the architectural principles and the specific tools of the trade, along with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaborating, mentoring, and empowering others to do their best work are core to how you work.
- You enjoy reviewing code, getting your code checked, and seeking feedback from your team early and often.
- You are pragmatic and know how to make tradeoffs between different designs in the pursuit of urgency. You optimize for overall business goals, not just immediate technical results.
- You deliver. Shipping working software and seeing it in the hands of end users brings you great satisfaction.
We don't expect anyone to meet 100% of these qualifications, so we hope you'll consider applying if this position sounds exciting!
This position can be done from anywhere in US or EU time zones.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.