Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy's platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around te globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
About the role:
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Staff Software Engineer to build the future of Enterprise peer to peer products. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering expertise with product aptitude, is driven by exciting technical challenges that come with scale, and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. We want to talk to you if you are unfazed by the idea of building robust, maintainable, and scalable APIs and/or microservices.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the team and be fully accountable for the entire service delivery for that team.
- Lead and contribute to the existing legacy services.
- Build secure and scalable APIs to create the future of Classy’s Enterprise suite of products and services.
- Analyze, design, and develop software that delivers clean, maintainable code within a large and established code base.
- Contribute to a microservice based evolution of the technical infrastructure.
- Learn and grow your skills by working collaboratively with experienced and engaged developers to design new features and re-architect existing ones.
- Within an Agile environment, work as part of a Scrum team and develop web-based software solutions.
- Mentor engineers to become proficient developers using best software development practices and processes.
- Write clean, testable code throughout the development process to ensure the quality is up to standards.
- Perform code review and code improvements.
- Participate in every phase of the software lifecycle, actively contributing to the solution at every step.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience with server-side, web-based technologies with a strong focus on backend development.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience leading software engineers.
- Extensive experience in building APIs and/or Microservices.
- Excellent understanding of distributed software architecture with experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
- High-level proficiency with any high level object oriented language (PHP, C# etc).
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS).
- Ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical subtasks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Proficient with microservice architecture with a deep understanding of strengths and pitfalls.
- Proficiency in schema design in relational databases.
- Deep experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
- A deep sense of quality, and sharp engineering skills with strong computer science fundamentals.
- Experience working with remote and offshore teams.
What would be awesome to have (preferred):
- Experience with Nest.js.
- Experience with Laravel.
- Experience with scaling Node.js services.
- Experience with scaling databases and optimizing queries.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $150,000 - $200,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at [email protected].