Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
⭐ Your missions
Join us as Staff Frontend Engineer and help us craft beautiful web interfaces serving the financial needs of our 350,000 customers.
You will join a team of 50 Front-End engineers shaping the financial app that will be used by one million SMEs by 2025.
As a Staff Frontend Engineer, you will:
1. Lead the technical design of new features to ensure we deliver quality on time.
2. Proactively support your teammates, helping them become more productive engineers.
3. Draw structured learnings from quality defects to improve the craft of the team.
4. Contribute to defining the technical roadmap of the Web team and help align it on the company's goals and vision.
5. You can read the interview of Djamel, one of our former frontend engineers now a Senior Lead, here
🤔 What you can expect
• We built our own design system and UI kit from scratch.
• We have a strong focus on quality. We maintain a twelve-month technical vision and carefully monitor its execution. We have a zero-QA-return objective and we already delivered a 36% decrease in QA returns on new features in H2 ‘22 vs. H1 ‘22.
• We accelerate learning by identifying our blind spots, building new knowledge and sharing it with the rest of the team. You will be immersed in this culture and practice of continuous learning, which we call the Qonto Way
• You will take an active part in designing the new features to be shipped to our customers, both from a technical and a product standpoint. You can learn how in this article
, a senior engineer on the team.
• You will have autonomy to improve the team’s operating system.
🤝 Your future team
You will be part of a team focused on performance, as illustrated in this article
by Florian, our Director of Web.
• Entrepreneurial mindset: you want to help build an innovative product used by hundreds of thousands. You roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
• Continuous improvement mindset: you put energy into getting better at your craft every day.
• Structured reasoning: you express your thoughts in an organized, concise and precise manner. You can explain and illustrate complex ideas, both in speaking and in writing.
• Team player: you treat your colleagues as if they were customers. You provide them with the highest standard of quality and you expect the same from them. You have a positive impact on others and you act in ways that benefit the team.
You don’t need prior experience with Ember. As long as you are willing to learn, we have everything you need to get you onboarded 😉
Qonto is an open-minded company. Don’t tick all the boxes? Apply and we’ll let you know if we think you could fit the role. You never know ☺️
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed
Office & Team Life
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- Flexible Remote Policy
- 22 days off + 32 hours of ex-festività
- An Edenred
lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act
(1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu
to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
To learn more about us: