What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development
. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
What does the Product Applications Team do?
The Product Applications team owns blockchain applications above the Polygon platform including Polygon Web Wallet, Bridge, Staking, Swap, Widget, etc. We aim to provide users and developers the experience of ease of use and absolute security when using Polygon’s applications. This is not protocol or smart contract development, but familiarity with those things is important.
• Provide technical leadership for a software engineering team.
• Work with PM, UX, and the engineering manager to determine product requirements.
• Provide mentorship to other team members and help the team perform at their highest level, through code review, pair programming, and whatever methods you believe in.
• Write code and build applications that are maintainable over the long term.
• Prepare technical design documentation and evaluate the effort and resources required for engineering work.
• Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- A proven track record of strong technical mentorship.
- Deep knowledge of database design and experience using SQL and NoSQL databases.
- A good understanding of blockchain technology, EVM and smart contracts.
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous delivery.
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with UX and Product Management teams across time zones.
- A good understanding of web application and blockchain security.
- Passion for building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Good to have:
- Experience working with backend services for any EVM based chain
- Contributed to open source projects
- Experience developing blockchain indexing services and smart contracts
- Experience in Golang backend service development
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn More about Polygon